X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Nice bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      I believe they would both have rifling, I don’t see where he says they don’t. I also believe those are October country rifles.
      good eye

The 69 is an October Country sporting rifle. It has a 1 in 120" twist and shoots a patched round ball with 225 grains of FF goex black powder.

The 54 is an October country Liver eating Johnson. It has a 1 in 72 twist and shoots a patched round ball with 120 grains of FF black powder.

Much like DryCreek said, accuracy is limited to my eye sight these days but I can still stack them into one hole at 50. 40 years ago I could do it at 100 but my vision is just not sharp enough any more.

Nothing smells better than real a cloud of black powder drifting back in your face on an ice cold morning.

Better picture of .54 from a few (20) years ago
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3818 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	24638326

Comment

Man I miss shooting black powder. Dad and I use shot competitively with muzzleloaders. We also hunted a bit but I have never killed a deer with one. I may just have to get back into it and kill one next year.
        Congrats on two fine bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boy I got to try that. That looks fun.

Comment

Very cool. Congrats

Comment

This is awesome, congrats! I had a friend kill a doe this weekend with his grandpa's open sight 30-30, which I thought was cool. This takes the cake.

Comment

Looking to build another one, is there any one on here that builds them ?

Comment

Two great deer taken with some cool firearms. I bet those were some great hunts. Congrats !!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on some awesome bucks and with a true smoke pole!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        good eye

Nothing smells better than real a cloud of black powder drifting back in your face on an ice cold morning.
                        I'm with you bro! I have a semi-custom Ted Hatfield replica of a late Samuel Hawken plains rifle in .54 caliber 70 twist. Have taken several deer with it. Its a hoot to shoot and I only use black powder FFg.

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Each of those bucks are phenomenal on their own. To take both with a muzzleloader in the same weekend is amazing!

Comment

Congratulations Buff. A couple real nice bucks down with a couple real nice rifles. I really like the looks and feel of the traditional style muzzleloader. I suppose I’m going to have to build me one one of these days.

Soon as I get done with all the other stuff I don’t seem to get done. Lol!

Congratulations to you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice to see some others actually hunt with a real muzzleloader these days!

Comment

That's way cool Marty! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X