.223 hunting round help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.223 hunting round help

I'm not having any luck finding a hunting bullet in .223. Was wanting the Federal fusion or Winchester deer season xp. I have called and searched online. If you see some or have some you dont need please let me know. This is for a new rifle i have not even sited in. Need it for daughter this year.

What rifle and rate of twist? It really makes a difference with a 223. No I don't have any ammo for sale. Probably, if it's a bolt action, it will like 55 gr. ammo, some ARs also like 55 gr. ammo, but there are some, that like heavier bullets.

Comment

Don’t know your barrel twist but may work. Not cheap though!

Used Barnes TSX on two does, did the job but probably going to use the Hornady 60 gr SP since I’m out of the Barnes now.

Comment

Didn’t see exactly what you were looking for but their are some solid options in stock if you follow the links on ammoseek. Better rounds start lower on the page. Good luck to y’all this year and hope she gets one.

Comment

How do i find out rate of twist

Comment

What rifle is it?

Comment

Originally posted by coach2 View Post
              How do i find out rate of twist
              Take a cleaning rod with a wire brush on it. Mark the rod at the end of the barrel and mark the rod so you can tell when it makes 1 complete turn as you insert in down the barrel. Mark the rod after 1 turn. Remove it and measure the distance between the marks. That is you twist rate. Probably 9 1/2 or 10

Comment

Its 1:12

Comment

Remington 700

Comment

With a 1:12 twist lighter loads will stabilize better but you never know until you try. Each barrel is different and it may be able to handle a 60 ish grain bullet at reasonable hunting distance.

Comment

here ya go:

Scroll to the bottom where the more expensive hunting ammo is & check for availability or search for said flavor.

Comment

Thank yall

Comment

If you want to drive over to Liberty this evening I’ll give you a box. I got fusion and American whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                            If you want to drive over to Liberty this evening I’ll give you a box. I got fusion and American whitetail.

Nice offer.

Comment

We shoot these in our 22-250 and work really well on deer. Should work well in the 223 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X