Ever Pulled Your LTC Weapon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    24 years of carrying off duty and never had to stick it under anyone's chin yet. Hope I never have to. I keep a very low profile. I also don't make a very good target for folks so my chances are lower than most. I'm quite a bit larger than most of the population so don't make a good soft target.
    I agree with the "soft target" quote I am not huge but not a small man either my boss is very small 5' 7" and he has been mugged twice in the Memphis area and I frequent the same places and so far not been approached. He does not carry I do!

Comment

Pulled twice but didn't have to shoot either time. Thank God. It seems like once they figure out you are not an easy mark, they aren't quite so tough.

Originally posted by glen View Post
      I'm quite a bit larger than most of the population so don't make a good soft target.
      Ya I'd agree with this!

Comment

Folks don't usually see me as a soft target... However that may be changing with age...

I have never had to pull a weapon since I got a LTC...

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          Don't mind him... he just likes to talk crap to everyone so he can feel important!

Fortunately, I've never pulled mine
          Haha.

Comment

Not yet.....
            And hope I never have to....

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
              Pulled mine for the first time in my driveway a few months ago at almost midnight. Luckily it defused quickly and the guy was drunk and looking for the previous people who lived in my house (over 7 years ago) wife heard noise he was having trouble opening my back gate and was coming to my back door (not front) which worried me even more. No street lights where we live and it was dark. I opened the gate and came around the corner and was facing a stranger at maybe 5 yards. My pistol has a light and I used that to see him so my gun was pointing his direction i said something of the sort of what the f are you doing and he couldn't see me clearly due to light he just kept saying "you know me man " I was replying I don't know you and telling him to put up his hands. After asking several questions and telling him to step back hands up etc. He finally said "you knew me (name of guy he thought lived here)" and it clicked in my brain. Called the previous owner of house (a relative of mine) and made sure everything matched up. Found out their friend died and the funeral was that evening everyone went out to the bar after and the stranger to me was coming by after being at the bar for a few hrs to talk to him about it unannounced.
              Don't show up drunk at an old friends house you haven't been to in 10 years. Couldn't go to sleep for another hr. I didn't know my wife followed me out she was rattled said she thought I was going to shoot the guy the way I was yelling at him when he wouldn't do a dang thing I told him to. Looking back I was extremely calm through it all and never saw a need to shoot him I could see his hands the whole time and felt comftorable knowing my gun was already drawn, guess I figured I was in control at that point. I was really just trying to get him on the dang ground and didn't want him any closer to my unlocked door with my kid asleep then he already was and my wife to call the police before we figured out the situation
              I was just a bad combo. Almost midnight, couldn't see him out my window before walking out into pitch black, knew someone was there making a crap load of noise at my gate( I thought he was in my shop next to it when I heard the noise initially) it all worked out though in the end maybe 45 seconds is all it took but felt like forever

I've never had to even hint I had a gun when carrying concealed in public and hope I never do.
              That could have ended real BAD!

Comment

I am a fairly big and imposing guy so, maybe the anonymity of tinted windows led this loon to believe I was up for some batting practice. I don't know. Unlike Screeminreels, my situation was in broad daylight at a busy intersection with dozens of vehicles all around. This was no mistake. My wife on the other hand oozes "victim" from her pores. I understand why it happened to her. One day I realized, I don't need to understand people, I just need to be ready when crazy and/or evil strikes. Thank GOD we were.

Comment

Long before there was ever a CC in Texas, I thought I might have to defend myself from a Roadrage nutcase off of 30 in Dallas. It never got to that point and I was able to get away from the guy after he hit my bumper, trying to get me to pull over.
                  What he didn't know was, That I always have a sidearm in the truck when traveling.

Everything turned out Ok, but it sure made me nervous!

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                    I forgot to add...my wife resisted carrying a weapon for years. My incident is what led her to carry a weapon which may have ultimately saved her life. It still gives me chills.
                    She got her CHL in only two weeks???

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      Sounds like a bragging post padding party coming up!!! Draw Pilgrims!!!! [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Leave it to Ragin' to stir the pot early.

I've never drawn mine in a self-defense situation against another person. A pack of hogs almost got me and I drew my gun as they skirted around me in the wood line.

Comment

Knock on wood, I have been very fortunate to not have to expose my firearm thus far.

Comment

No, she did not get her CHL in two weeks but she carried only in her vehicle at the time. I mounted it under the steering column. It took NO effort to get her to a CHL class after that!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                            Leave it to Ragin' to stir the pot early.

I've never drawn mine in a self-defense situation against another person. A pack of hogs almost got me and I drew my gun as they skirted around me in the wood line.

Well I guess you missed the [emoji13]. It was humor. Sorry if it "offended" you. It wasn't meant to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Well I guess you missed the [emoji13]. It was humor. Sorry if it "offended" you. It wasn't meant to.

[emoji848]Did you just apologize? Oh lord, I need to go to church! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                                [emoji848]Did you just apologize? Oh lord, I need to go to church! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lmao. It wouldn't be the first time. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X