Vocational rehabilitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vocational rehabilitation

I can no longer perform my job due to respiratory disease. I need to find a job that I can do with supplemental oxygen. Technically I'm disabled in the eyes of the Government. But I'm not really disabled as all I need is a little O2 to function.
    I have plenty of time to get training towards something.

If you had to change jobs due to medical issues what would you move toward?

Delivery driver

Comment

Some sort of a desk job that won't tax your respiratory system.

Comment

IT

Comment

Medical billing and coding from home? Insurance auditor? Start some woodworking and create small things in the garage, like chairs and other small furniture. Start fixing things from home...like electronics, bikes, or toys. You'd be surprised what folks can't do or lack ingenuity to do on their own. Set up to do tannery and charge less than the competition or do euros. Won't be rich but won't be broke either.

Thats all I got man

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
            Delivery driver
            I have decided to surrender my commercial drivers license due to health.

Comment

I'm supposed to start pulmonary rehabilitation pretty soon. Maybe that will help me progress with breathing.

Comment

I volunteered during to the Balloon fiesta for a few shifts to see if I can handle it. It went fairly well minus one incident.
                Probably going to look at more volunteer work to keep myself busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm working on something now for you brother, consulting with my colleagues on your situation … will reply back later

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      I'm working on something now for you brother, consulting with my colleagues on your situation … will reply back later
                      Thanks.
                      I will be going on my first elk hunt on supplemental oxygen Thanksgiving week. Should be interesting. I'm having a O2 tank bag sewed up now that will handle the wear and tear of the mountains.

This respiratory dieses has hit me pretty fast.

Comment

Good luck buddy! Sounds like you are powering through and not letting it hold you back.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          Good luck buddy! Sounds like you are powering through and not letting it hold you back.
                          Thanks. It's come on so quickly. One day you just wake up at 46 with the ability to do nothing.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking what is your respiratory diseases and how did you get it being a driver?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              Thanks.
                              I will be going on my first elk hunt on supplemental oxygen Thanksgiving week. Should be interesting. I'm having a O2 tank bag sewed up now that will handle the wear and tear of the mountains.

This respiratory dieses has hit me pretty fast.
                              Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              Thanks. It's come on so quickly. One day you just wake up at 46 with the ability to do nothing.
                              text me your contact info (ph #) and I'll call you tonight to do a Vocational Evaluation ...three373zero3443seven

Need to confirm your education, past work history, and medical history. I can then do a Transferrable Skills Analysis documenting your temperaments & aptitudes. Once I put together your vocational profile, I can then make vocational recommendations and job matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X