Laguna Atascosa hunters..where are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa hunters..where are you?

We have some guys from the green screen hunting. nothing from last week and nothing from this weekend? what gives? how are y'all doing?

Yeah what he said!

Comment

Nilgai

Sorry to keep you waiting. I hunted this last weekend. It was tough, I saw a fraction of the nilgai I saw a few years ago on my bow hunt. I put in probably 20 miles between my bike and boots on Saturday. I watched another hunter miss a running bull three times and tracked the bull with my binos as he went into an island of brush about 1/2 mile away. I decided to go after him and found a small mound to get a better vantage point. As I was looking I turned around and saw another bull running across a field about 200 yards away. My 7 mm mag stopped him in his tracks. It was about 4:45 when I shot him, after getting him back to the nearest road I called the volunteers working the hunt and they were nice enough to pick me up around 9:00 pm. I would have been out there all night otherwise. I hunted some on Sunday but was pretty beat. When I left Sunday evening I think they were up to 12 kills.
      Attached Files

Comment

What a load for that mountain bike lol! Congrats sir.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

good job

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
              Sorry to keep you waiting. I hunted this last weekend. It was tough, I saw a fraction of the nilgai I saw a few years ago on my bow hunt. I put in probably 20 miles between my bike and boots on Saturday. I watched another hunter miss a running bull three times and tracked the bull with my binos as he went into an island of brush about 1/2 mile away. I decided to go after him and found a small mound to get a better vantage point. As I was looking I turned around and saw another bull running across a field about 200 yards away. My 7 mm mag stopped him in his tracks. It was about 4:45 when I shot him, after getting him back to the nearest road I called the volunteers working the hunt and they were nice enough to pick me up around 9:00 pm. I would have been out there all night otherwise. I hunted some on Sunday but was pretty beat. When I left Sunday evening I think they were up to 12 kills.
              Awesome! Congrats!
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

good job and thanks for the post.

Comment

Dang... it was still daylight when you took the picture with the meat on the bike and they picked you up at 9:00. How far back in there were you? Like the engineuity of using the bike to hold the meat.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      Dang... it was still daylight when you took the picture with the meat on the bike and they picked you up at 9:00. How far back in there were you? Like the engineuity of using the bike to hold the meat.
                      A long way.... Toward the west side of the refuge. During a bowhunt two years ago I shot a small bull around the same area at 4:30 pm and got back to the check station a little after 11:00 pm.

Comment

I guess they don't come looking for you after a certain time like most of the TPWD hunts.

Comment

Congrats to the hunter. Way to get it done on one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult hunt there is in TX public hunting. My hats off to you. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congratulations man! Looks and sounds like about the same area I hunted this season. It's a hell of a trek but it's super rewarding!

Comment

Congratulations. Awesome animal.

Comment

Working...
                              X