No announcement yet.

sommerville wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yah.... I've been hearing that the really bad rain will be around 2 am saturday mourning. A little rain in the afternoon while scouting maybe nice, cool it down and cut my scent a little.

Originally posted by paintman View Post
    we decided not to do the cookoff but ill bet it will be raining big time by sat morn

Comment

well if the weather was right i might just have to meet you out there

Comment

By Friday night we should have a pretty accurate time frame on the rain.... if mother nature is gonna cooperate a little lets meet out there. I may also bring my bow if a hog runs by....

Originally posted by paintman View Post
        well if the weather was right i might just have to meet you out there

Comment

I will be hunting out there myself this year. I will make the reservaiton at sommerville campground tomorrow. Kornsquezer did you get the dear in your avatat out at Sommerville?

Comment

Spanish Gringo , Yes I did. First deer I killed with my bow 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
              By Friday night we should have a pretty accurate time frame on the rain.... if mother nature is gonna cooperate a little lets meet out there. I may also bring my bow if a hog runs by....
              looks like the cookoff might be back on now that the weaTHER is looking beter but ill keep in touch just in case

Comment

I would love to meet you guys out at sommerville. I went scouting out at Granger. DUDE, as soon as I parked, I hit the high beams and saw 7 nice meat pigs looking back at me.I had no bow, just my sks. so I had to let 'em breathe another day.

Comment

Hey, lets arrange a hunt in sommerville or Granger. I have my APH. Anyone interested in bowhunting for whatever? P.M me.

Comment

I was out at sommerville last week scouting and saw 10-15 pigs on my walk in.

Comment

where were you exactly?

Comment

Sommerville after Ike

If anybody goes to Sommerville before 9/19, please advise if we need pontoons, or SCUBA gear to do any scouting or pig hunting.

Comment

its dry

Comment

Leaven at 6am to go get stand spots ready and mark trails. I apologize before hand if I end up on top of any of you guys. I will make sure that the spots look like they have no one hunting them. Hopefully Ill see a early hog.

Comment

From what it sounds like there's quite a few hogs running around this year. I see a couple every year, hopefully I'll see a few more this year. I know they have gotten a little bit of rain over the past few months also. September 27th should be fun

Comment

Just got back from Somerville. Got there this mourning at around 9 and stopped to talk to the Ranger. He said thats he's seen decent #s of deer on the sides of the roads early in the mourning and at night. Gave some pretty good info. Walked out to the first area I have picked for the season and saw three deer, 4 armadillos and a racoon. It looks pretty dry for the most part in the creeks. Most of the oaks don't seem to have many acorns on them so Ill be near the ones that I found. I then went to area #2 and didn't see any deer but it looks pretty decent also. Didn't see any hogs but saw some good sign. Can't wait till the 30th.

Comment

Working...
                                X