No announcement yet.

Buzzard migration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's how we can tell when cold weather is coming in the fall. They circle a lot for a few days then their out. Same in the spring. When buzzards show up it's usually going to warm up soon.

Comment

Buzzard migration?

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      They migrate in a big swirl (flocks called kettles) that looks like a tornado.

Interesting..I’ve seen this a few times at granger I thought they were collectively scanning for a meal haha they were real low just above trees
      Tried to explain it to some folks but they looked at me weird

Comment

Originally posted by cap50948 View Post
        That's how we can tell when cold weather is coming in the fall. They circle a lot for a few days then their out. Same in the spring. When buzzards show up it's usually going to warm up soon.
        I just watch the weather channel

Comment

They'll be gone from our place in San Saba after this cold front.

For the same reason I saw a ton of butterflies (monarch?) after the rains quit Saturday afternoon and then Sunday. My understanding is that they also migrate.

Comment

I didn’t know they migrate. I can see them year round here at home.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
              I didn’t know they migrate. I can see them year round here at home.
              x2

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I just watch the weather channel

Comment

Yep they migrate. At my lease in Eldorado, deer guts and carcasses will dry out in our dump area. Hides turn to leather because no buzzards are there to eat them.

In Votaw they are here all year
                  That’s what I noticed, I usually hunt East Texas and we are never in a shortage of them that I’ve realized

Comment

I think they stop off in Mount Belvieu.
                    When it's cold they like to hang out around the cooling water towers and it tends to get nasty when they do

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by BigThicketBoy; 10-15-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Wait.... buzzard migration?...Is that code for you trying to plan a vacation to go south Goldeneagle?....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Wait.... buzzard migration?...Is that code for you trying to plan a vacation to go south Goldeneagle?....
                        Lol! Living here in the big city of Allen, buzzards aren't something we see often. I've just never seen that many flying in a pattern. And boy I could use a vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          And boy I could use a vacation!
                          If I win a decent sized lottery jackpot, vacation is something this guy could use as well. Maybe I could then send you on one if you can get away from work.

Comment

You sure they just weren’t circling you???? Just saying. ����

Comment

Every afternoon, they migrate to the big radio antenna about a mile and a half from us. Where we lived before, they would migrate to the big high line towers that go across the pasture, every evening. Never seen them leave the area completely.

Comment

Yep they migrate. At my lease in Eldorado, deer guts and carcasses will dry out in our dump area. Hides turn to leather because no buzzards are there to eat them.

In Votaw they are here all year
                                I didn't know this until I leased in Runnels Co. No buzzards there in the winter. In East Texas they're year round dwellers.

Comment

Working...
                                X