Yet another school shooting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another school shooting!

This is ridiculous. What role do you feel the media coverage plays in this? In todays age we want news and want it now, but IMO they need to change the way they cover these. Of course there are other more influential factors (parents), but this is getting absurd.

I think if the news did not make it the "entire" story of their broadcast and social media was never invented, there would be less of this crap happening. 1 sicko sees something on the news and then they think they can do it bigger and get more attention. Its sad to see but, to stop a bad person with a gun, you need a good person with a gun!!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      This is ridiculous. What role do you feel the media coverage plays in this? In todays age we want news and want it now, but IMO they need to change the way they cover these. Of course there are other more influential factors (parents), but this is getting absurd.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...s-say.amp.html
      Amazing that this happened right now 1 week after SF High School. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Comment

These kids train all their lives playing these shoot them up video games online

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
          There’s definitely a cultural problem. Young kids have been desensitized to death.

Comment

Threads like this don't help. There have always been shootings. There has always been stabbings at schools. We just round them all up from not our own city or State or Country but the entire planet earth so it feels a lot worse.

And IMO this one could be a different kind...doesn't appear to be someone trying to kill random masses.

I did like this comment though.

"FACT
            When they try to remove unstable kids from schools liberal policies keep them there."

Comment

There’s definitely a cultural problem. Young kids have been desensitized to death.
              Yes and no fear of consequences

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Threads like this don't help. There have always been shootings. There has always been stabbings at schools. We just round them all up from not our own city or State or Country but the entire planet earth so it feels a lot worse.

And IMO this one could be a different kind...doesn't appear to be someone trying to kill random masses.

I did like this comment though.

"FACT
                When they try to remove unstable kids from schools liberal policies keep them there."

Yeah sure, I’m part of the problem.
                This is a forum of hunters, not mass media or an enormous, worldwide social media platform.
                Last edited by JLivi1224; 05-25-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                  That's not an excuse. I played those same games growing up as a kid. I blame the parents 100%.

Comment

Yeah sure, I’m part of the problem.
                    This is a forum of hunters, not mass media or an enormous, worldwide social media platform.
                    No offense..I meant posts titled "another school shooting" in general. It spreads fear when we should not fear.

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                    That's not an excuse. I played those same games growing up as a kid. I blame the parents 100%.

Comment

I don't think video game violence is really the problem. The problem is kids just sit alone in their rooms for hours PLAYING video games instead of playing outside and learning social skills. They isolate themselves but can't understand why they feel so lonely and isolated with no actual friends. Then they don't fit in so they become angry about THAT. Snowballs into revenge against the very thing they created themselves. But I'm just an old Air Force vet hanging out on the green screen so what do i know lol

Comment

Agreed, these "shoot em up games" were around and what we played as kids (32 now) and there weren't (didn't here about) the number of school shootings we do today. Go look at how many of these kids are on mind altering drugs, only other constant is that they are holding guns and white males (the most discriminated against/hated demographic in today's society).

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          Agreed, these "shoot em up games" were around and what we played as kids (32 now) and there weren't (didn't here about) the number of school shootings we do today. Go look at how many of these kids are on mind altering drugs, only other constant is that they are holding guns and white males (the most discriminated against/hated demographic in today's society).
                          Ditto on 32

Comment

Agreed. We had weekends of COD tournaments and turned out normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                              I don't think video game violence is really the problem. The problem is kids just sit alone in their rooms for hours PLAYING video games instead of playing outside and learning social skills. They isolate themselves but can't understand why they feel so lonely and isolated with no actual friends. Then they don't fit in so they become angry about THAT. Snowballs into revenge against the very thing they created themselves. But I'm just an old Air Force vet hanging out on the green screen so what do i know lol
                              I would agree with this. They have little social skills as many have screens in their face nearly all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X