Help finding flood maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding flood maps

Anyone know where to find flood maps? Im looking for Lampasas County and the Fema website doesn't seem to have that county. I cant seem to find anything else on the web either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe try the local ag extension office. It's odd that FEMA wouldn't have map coverage there. Perhaps you could obtain some hard copies (booklets) from them that cover your area of interest. They may be somewhat outdated but should be reasonably accurate just the same. Think about contacting a local surveying company to see if they have any suggestions as well. The tax office should have some hard copies also, how else could they appraise properties otherwise. That's about all I know at this point.

Comment

Thanks Quarterback. I planned on doing that if I cant find anything on the web. Im surprised also that they dont have something alot easier to figure out online.

Comment

It shows me that area is mapped in their online interactive map.

Comment

The FEMA flood map service center has maps for Lampasas county as well as Lampasas itself. Most maps in that area are very old and may not show you a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
            It shows me that area is mapped in their online interactive map.

http://fema.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html
            Not seeing that. Lampasas county looks unmapped to me.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
              The FEMA flood map service center has maps for Lampasas county as well as Lampasas itself. Most maps in that area are very old and may not show you a whole lot.

https://msc.fema.gov/portal/search
              Yes they are. Im surprised there's not much more than this. Thanks

Comment

The local USDA Service center and NRCS office may have something.

Comment

I think I found what I need. Thank yall.

Comment

The way I understand FEMA flood maps they are about insurance, Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM); not actual flooding events. If you are concerned about flood insurance the FIRM is the tool to use to determine if you are in a "mapped" floodplain . If you concerned about actually flooding then you may want to look else where.

Comment

Our insurance agent had them for us

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                        Not seeing that. Lampasas county looks unmapped to me.
                        You're right. I zoomed in closer and printed the panel and the panel(paper map) didn't show anything either.

Good luck then, I'd head down to the county building.

Comment

Does Lampasas county have their own floodplain administrator/manager? Most counties do so and they are the keepers of the most recent information. Also, the easiest fema website to use to determine if the site has been mapped by the feds is here:

Comment

Ask your insurance agent.

Comment

Working...
                            X