Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Who hunts with a Ruger No. 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love mine. 25-06.

Comment

All you guys that have one in 25-06 are making me jealous. I would love to add one to my little collection.

Comment

Originally posted by TBoat10 View Post
        Love mine. 25-06.
        I want a No.1B in this caliber too. Hard to find though.

Comment

I do so love the Ruger #1's and threes but I sold all of them for two identical 24" Stainless H&R Handi's with Boyds Coyote Laminate in an uncommon Big Bore caliber. So good I wanted twins.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            I sold every high end Bolt action I had because my $450 Hawkeye All-Weather works so darn good. Figure that will carry me to the casket.
            Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            I do so love the Ruger #1's and threes but I sold all of them for two identical 24" Stainless H&R Handi's with Boyds Coyote Laminate in an uncommon Big Bore caliber. So good I wanted twins.
            Seems legit.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Brother has one in .223. That sucker shoots!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  Seems legit.

Comment

Change up

Countless deer /hogs with my Ruger #1 std in 280 Rem...had it about 25y...Loved it, recently sold..Just time for something dif..now that I am older and only hunt out of Blind lighter and shorter is wonderful...Still a single shot man so I went with T/C Encore 260 Rem w/21 barrel also a 50cal BP barrel..Both shoot amazing ..Have one more single shot /Horton Storm RDX its amazing TOO..no deer yet but but haven't hunted with it yet..

Comment

One of my favorites, mine started out as a 25-06, it was a shooter ,decided to rebarrel to a 270wsm,now its really a shooter.

Comment

So they're accurate? How is the trigger?

Comment

Used to have em in several calibers in stainless steel. The 458 Lott was the most fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            So they're accurate? How is the trigger?
                            Like most all guns, Some are, some aren't based on my research.. Some have head spacing issues...Trigger sucks.
                            I LOVE my 6mm but it is extremely UN-accurate with anything over 80 grains. Scuds them everywhere.. It's a 1-12" twist.
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 04-30-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

A 70 y.o. man bested me at a 100yd range with a #1 we both were shootin .270s and i swear he was lookinthru coke bottle glasses. Mine was a tikka and i thought it was a tack driver, we talked for an hour after that. Good times

Comment

I hunted with one for a few years in .25-06 and it was a great shooter. Trigger was crisp and light.

I traded it to someone for something back in the day.

Very nice rifle and it was an older one.

Comment

Working...
                                X