Kuiu 1800 without frame question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuiu 1800 without frame question?

Can the small Kuius be used without the CF frame, Just the suspension system only? I'm just curious as the pack I have now is on the heavy side and I don't really need to haul out 100lbs, but from I have read you can haul up to 80lbs on just the suspension system alone.

I used to just use my Icon 1850 with the suspension system, but I find it much more comfortable to carry the bag with the frame installed

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
      I used to just use my Icon 1850 with the suspension system, but I find it much more comfortable to carry the bag with the frame installed
      What about it made it not so comfortable? How much weight did you have in it?

Comment

I was probably carrying 35-40 pounds in it.....it just seemed to sag, with the frame it carries the same or more weight much better. It distributes the weight better if that makes sense

Comment

I was probably carrying 35-40 pounds in it.....it just seemed to sag, with the frame it carries the same or more weight much better. It distributes the weight better if that makes sense
          Understood...my pack now is an internal frame and its a heavy one...maybe 5-6 lbs empty

Comment

Pretty sure you can run it with some carbon arrows cut for stays for those low-mid weight loads, can't you?

Comment

I had the carbon stays in mine

Comment

I had the carbon stays in mine
                Can you elaborate?

Comment

it came with carbon about the diameter of an arrow that you insert into the pack. They run from the bottom to the top to give it more stability when just using the suspension

Comment

Working...
                  X