Added weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added weight

I’m trying to add weight to my fmj’s. I want to add about 50grs to the total arrow weight. My current arrow weight for my Creed XS is 475gr 340 spine, for my Spyder 34 is 525gr 300 spine with a 50gr insert.

I seen a deal not to long ago about adding weed eater string inside the shaft. Haven’t been about to try it yet but, cut a piece & I stalled it & it put right where I wanted to be weight wise. Has anyone else tried this? What results did you get?

I have both arrows flying great with out the added weight. If I add weight by putting a heavier point my arrow flight goes down hill. So I didn’t want to add weight to the front of the shaft.

What draw length and draw weight are you? I did the weed eater line trick years ago. Then used weight tubes. I liked weight tubes better. Personally I'd go with a brass insert if you haven't already tried it.

Comment

Easton brass inserts.

Comment

My Creed XS I’m running 29” & 70lbs. On the Carbon Spyder I’m running 29” & 65lbs for now. The problem is if i up the front end weight it acts like it’s under spined. My 300 spine fmj’s have a 50gr brass insert in them all ready.

Comment

Do you use wraps? Lighted nocks? What weight is your current head and insert? What length are your arrows?

Weight tubes or weedeater line may be your best bet.

Comment

Weight tubes from 3 Rivers. I think they come in 1, 3 & 5 gpi.

Comment

I'm looking to add a little weight to my arrows, and I'm gonna start by trying the weed eater string method.

Comment

Brass inserts or rear insert weights are an easy way to add weight plus increase your FOC, but it can alter your spine and will cause a weaker spine.

Comment

Working...
                X