Meat Eater style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Eater style

I shot a doe yesterday (throat punch) and boh347 and myself saved the heart, liver and fatty intestinal membrane.

Cooking it up now. Not bad at all. With corn tortillas and pico it would be even better. Hearts a lil gamey but no worse then other stuff. Enjoy

Pics please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
        I shot a doe yesterday (throat punch) and boh347 and myself saved the heart, liver and fatty intestinal membrane.

Cooking it up now. Not bad at all. With corn tortillas and pico it would be even better. Hearts a lil gamey but no worse then other stuff. Enjoy

I eat them cooked down on onions, or sliced, floured and fried.

Comment

Gotta eat... might as well put it to good use

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
            I eat them cooked down on onions, or sliced, floured and fried.
            Thats how we did the liver

Comment

just finished pulling the heart out of the buck my grandson shot this evening.

Comment

Good stuff! Hard to beat caul fat other than bacon!

Comment

Caul fat, especially if you’re doing a low and slow cook it tough to beat!

Heart tacos have become a favorite meal of mine and I never kept them till I heard Rinella and Callaghan talk about it but it’s good stuff

Comment

heart should not be gamey, glad you got to try it. if you can clean all the blood out of the arteries and cavity right away, then take off the outer membrane, you will be able to basically make one cut and roll it out flat. you can tenderize it too, if you like,

then grill and it is very tender, like a filet mignon

Comment

If heart is gamey it's probably overcooked. Sear it medium rare. Very hot; very fast. Serve it on a tortilla with peppers and onions and hot sauce.

LWD

Comment

Remember growing up fighting my sisters for the sautéed duck, pheasant, and dove hearts my mom would cook up.

Comment

Ya know....sometimes I have to draw the line,your welcome to my part.

Comment

I chicken-fry hearts - it has become a morning-after hunt ritual. They're delicious. Caul fat is good for wrapping meatballs. I don't mess with the other wobbly bits though. I have an axis tongue in my freezer I haven't got around to prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                              I chicken-fry hearts - it has become a morning-after hunt ritual. They're delicious. Caul fat is good for wrapping meatballs. I don't mess with the other wobbly bits though. I have an axis tongue in my freezer I haven't got around to prepare.
                              Yeah we are fixin to eat her tongue. Also gonna try turkey inards for one I shot last night

Comment

Working...
                              X