Building YOUR arrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enewman View Post
    If I’m reading this right. You increased foc but didnt see penetration difference in a target. That is correct. You won’t. I’m suprized with the added weight you didn’t notice less penetration vs more on a lighter faster arrow.

When doing penetration test you cannot use targets. Targets work on friction. So a slower arrow will not penetrate as much as a faster arrow. Just how it is. Targets can grip a slow moving arrow easier

If you want to look at penetration sand is the best. Sand has little restriction somarrow stops when it runs out of forward momentum This is a good way to prove physics. Now a high foc arrow vs low foc same weight arrow shot into sand will have about same penetration. Foc comes into play when there is restriction on impact. Meaning to see if foc will out perform you need more restriction on impact.
    I have noticed this in particular and thought it contrary to popular notion and been wondering...why the heavy and high foc arrows werent deeper than lesser arrows.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-17-2018, 08:16 PM. Reason: StuffSpake

Comment

How are you removing the old inserts with a drill bit?

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
        How are you removing the old inserts with a drill bit?
        Pull the nock out, insert a drill bit that just is slightly smaller than the inside of the arrow shaft, drill bit base down so that it lands on the insert, then raise the arrow, and whip it down, you'll have to do this several times. It will eventually drive the insert out or damage the arrow if the insert is really glued in well.

Search in on YouTube, several videos on it.

Comment

Working...
        X