Suppressor for 7 mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor for 7 mag

Been thinking of getting my first suppressor. I want it to go on a Browning A Bolt 7mm Rem Mag. Been doing some research, which has helped with the legal process involved to obtain one, but has brought up a few other questions:

1. Haven’t found a whole lot of info from people with suppressors on 7 mag. Is there any disadvantage, or any limitations this round puts on suppressors?

2. I currently have the BOSS system installed on it. From what I have read, threads are 9/16x24, and I’d be able to make one fit with a thread adapter. To me, more parts = more opportunity for failure, but the potential to not have to alter the gun at all is appealing. Is there any downside to the thread adapters?

3. Any specific model recommendations for this size suppressor? I have 0 experience with any type of suppressor, aside from shooting one on a rim fire pistol a couple of years ago. Any brand names and models would be appreciated, as well as dealers. Located in Houston but travel between Dallas, SA, Austin, and CC somewhat frequently.

Know some of these questions might sound pretty dumb, but I appreciate any wisdom TBH can pass along.

1. YHM makes a QD mount in that thread size.
    2. They make several cans that will work on the 7 mag

I prefer QD mounts. PM me I am in Houston as well and we can go shoot and you can shoot my suppressed guns. All my suppressors will handle the .300 RUM so the 7 Mag is no problem.

Comment

I'd get a standard 30-cal suppressor, direct thread with adapters. That'll give you the most options and the lightest weight. There are plenty of popular choices with slight marginal tradeoffs on weight, size, and durability in that class.

Comment

TBAC Ultra 7 or Ultra 9. Love this can on all of my bolt guns

Comment

I have the YHM Phantom QD. It will work for any jacketed bulled .30 cal or smaller. As others have stated, get the QD (quick disconnect) and just buy the muzzle attachments for every rifle you want to suppress. I use mine on my 300wm and my 308 ar. I may buy a .556 ar soon and I will add a muzzle device to it as well. Mine is stainless steel and is sturdy as a tank but it is heavy. I never walk too far with it as my hunting is done from a stand so the weight doesn't matter to me. But they make an identical version out of titanium for a few hundred dollars more if you want it to be very light.

I bought mine through silencer shop in Austin. They had the best prices and customer service at the time. I'd at least check them out online.

As for the legal process, the waiting is the hardest part. Once you see how easy it is you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. And it is totally worth suppressing a magnum cartridge. There is still a loud crack of the bullet breaking the sound barrier but its is comfortable for me to shoot without hearing protection. It also makes the recoil one long push straight back rather than a hard quick kick.

Comment

Caveat to the above. Long range precision guys seem to favor direct attachment suppressors over QD mounts for repeatability. But in my experience, my rifles are still quite accurate with the qd suppressor mounted

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
              Caveat to the above. Long range precision guys seem to favor direct attachment suppressors over QD mounts for repeatability. But in my experience, my rifles are still quite accurate with the qd suppressor mounted
              Mine are all YHM (I have the Ti so it is lighter) and mine are always spot on with repeatability when removed and reattached.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                Been thinking of getting my first suppressor. I want it to go on a Browning A Bolt 7mm Rem Mag. Been doing some research, which has helped with the legal process involved to obtain one, but has brought up a few other questions:

1. Haven’t found a whole lot of info from people with suppressors on 7 mag. Is there any disadvantage, or any limitations this round puts on suppressors?

2. I currently have the BOSS system installed on it. From what I have read, threads are 9/16x24, and I’d be able to make one fit with a thread adapter. To me, more parts = more opportunity for failure, but the potential to not have to alter the gun at all is appealing. Is there any downside to the thread adapters?

3. Any specific model recommendations for this size suppressor? I have 0 experience with any type of suppressor, aside from shooting one on a rim fire pistol a couple of years ago. Any brand names and models would be appreciated, as well as dealers. Located in Houston but travel between Dallas, SA, Austin, and CC somewhat frequently.

Know some of these questions might sound pretty dumb, but I appreciate any wisdom TBH can pass along.
                I love the Rugged Razor that's on my 7mm-08. I use a thread adapter for a QD mount and have no issues with it.

Comment

I have and highly recommend the Thunderbeast Ultra 9 with a CB muzzle break on all your rifles. Threads up against a conical shoulder centering it up for a very repeatable point of impact. The Crux Archangel would be a great choice as well. You will have to get a .30 cal can.

Comment

We have on the trust a AAC SD-762 can. 300 win mag rated and below.
                    Not heavy and really does it job. Should handle your 7mm Mag just fine.
                    Check out KNS Precision in Fredricksburg. They can help you with all your adapter/firearm/machining and suppressor needs. Ask for Tyson.

Comment

Tagged...looking for one on my future 7-08 and am clueless to them thus far...

Comment

Love my Crux Archangel on my 7 Mag. Beyond the sound benefit, recoil is really tame (shooting 180s @ ~ 2950), and there is no POI change between threading on/off. I went with the 9”.....only regret is not being able to test the 7” first. Once you convert to suppressed, you’ll wonder why and how you lived without it!

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                          Tagged...looking for one on my future 7-08 and am clueless to them thus far...

Go to Silencer Shop's website....they'll give you all the info you'd need to make an informed purchase and how to.

Comment

Nice

Comment

can someone direct me to a thread on how to apply for a silencer? I don't want to get this thread off topic

Comment

Working...
                              X