Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
    What do you guys think of this pack for a beginner? It's in the budget and I can pick it up today.

https://www.gtdist.com/red-rock-assault-pack-1.html
    It is really small. I watched the video (scanned it) and the guy clearly says it is small and compares it to some other sized packs which tells the tale. I am by all means no expert, but I would be worried about the ability to up the weight on it and the straps are probably sized for lighter weight since it is a small pack.

On the flip side... when you have too big of a pack... it is hard to get the weight up higher and you are stuffing it full of stuff to get the weight distribution that is more ideal... so there is that. But lets be honest... in the real world, you rarely find yourself having to pack something dense to your back.. you are often carrying some bulky thing like a bag of corn... or a stand... or a deboned deer...

Comment

This was a fun Ruck [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Walking does everything you need. I ran for a long time, and now I am paying for it in my knees and hips. Constant pain.

Comment

Look... there is a leaderboard and somehow I am in the top 5 after logging 6 miles from this mornings 65# ruck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job, Swamp! Keep it up!

Comment

First “long Ruck” of the training cycle this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8B7CB93D-98E9-4E53-B4B9-B60DDF849729.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	24526205

Comment

Good job Mark

Putting in 4ish mile tuck between sits right now myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                  First “long Ruck” of the training cycle this morning.

[ATTACH]891106[/ATTACH]
                  Were leading the group that rucked through GVTC field today? I was out there with my daughter this morning and saw a group come through.

Comment

Well... 4 turned into 5... the 1k challenge is a real good motivator.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                      Were leading the group that rucked through GVTC field today? I was out there with my daughter this morning and saw a group come through.
                      Wasn’t me, I was in the Stone Oak area. Not familiar with GVTC. Where is that and are they good trails?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        Well... 4 turned into 5... the 1k challenge is a real good motivator.

Well done! Yea, that number of X miles/day to complete motivates you to try and keep it small.

Comment

Wasn’t me, I was in the Stone Oak area. Not familiar with GVTC. Where is that and are they good trails?
                          If the gate is open the loop around the field is about 1 mile. I would jog it while my daughter had soccer practice. Then, kinder ranch has some hills. It's the fields on the right when you head north on Bulverde Rd from Borgfeld.

29064 Bulverde Rd, San Antonio, TX 78260

Comment

Finally, after 7 months, I got around to buying a smaller duffel for my heavy ruck. The old one was huge and sagged...

The new one is much better and upped it 10% from 65 to 72#

Last edited by SwampRabbit; 01-07-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              Finally, after 7 months, I got around to buying a smaller duffel for my heavy ruck. The old one was huge and sagged...

The new one is much better and upped it 10% from 65 to 72#

That looks like it’s gonna be tons more comfortable.

Comment

That looks like it’s gonna be tons more comfortable.
                                About to go take it for a spin... so we'll see

Comment

Working...
                                X