Reload data for 6.5 Creedmoor and IMR4064

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reload data for 6.5 Creedmoor and IMR4064

Trying to get loads for the 129 grain SST and 140 grain Accubond bullets in 6.5 Creedmoor using IMR4064.

I also have imr4831

Comment

You can find data for those powders in the Creedmoor at Hodgdons reloading data center. The people that own Hodgdon also own IMR and Winchester powders. Those exace bullets are not listed but close enough for getting started with starting loads and ner max loads.

Comment

H4350 works great.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
          You can find data for those powders in the Creedmoor at Hodgdons reloading data center. The people that own Hodgdon also own IMR and Winchester powders. Those exace bullets are not listed but close enough for getting started with starting loads and ner max loads.
          I used their website and reloaded some with imr4831. I have not ran into h4350 but keep watching for it.
          I plan on shooting them tomorrow

Comment

I had best luck with H4350, but IMR 4831 was good with the 140's it was a little temperamental with the temp change.

Comment

H4350 is the well known sweet spot powder for 260, 65CM 6.5x47 etc. don’t know a lot of guys, well any for that matter, that use 4064 in that platform. Doesn’t mean it can’t work and that’s part of the fun of reloading. Good luck to you and post up some pics if you find a sweet load.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                H4350 is the well known sweet spot powder for 260, 65CM 6.5x47 etc. don’t know a lot of guys, well any for that matter, that use 4064 in that platform. Doesn’t mean it can’t work and that’s part of the fun of reloading. Good luck to you and post up some pics if you find a sweet load.

Sierracharlie out…
                X2 on the 4350.

I have worked up extremely accurate loads with 4064 in 30-06, 308, and 223. I’m thinking it may be a touch too fast to get optimum velocity in the CM.

Comment

I reloaded some with the imr 4831. Started 38.6 and ended with 42 grains. The 42 grain load was the tightest group. No idea what the velocity was.
                  My rifle is a Ruger VT with 28” barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                    I reloaded some with the imr 4831. Started 38.6 and ended with 42 grains. The 42 grain load was the tightest group. No idea what the velocity was.
                    My rifle is a Ruger VT with 28” barrel.
                    just my opinion, chronograph your velocity otherwise you're wasting your time, powder, and bullets.

once you know the exact velocity, it can tell you where the accuracy node is, and provide valuable information which can be uploaded into ballistic programs to confirm long range shooting distances. Even a $99 chronograph is better than nothing.

If money is tight, 2-3 people can split the costs of a chronograph and share it at the range

FYI - Strelok Pro app - plug in the velocity and it tells you where to aim, holdover, clicks, etc...

https://appgrooves.com/app/strelok-pro-by-igor-borisov

Comment

You are right, I need a chronograph.

Comment

I tried 4064 with 127 LRX and 140 SST but never found a consistent load. I did have good luck with Superformance and IMR 4350. IMR 4350 being the best.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have came close to buy imr 4350.

Comment

Working...
                          X