Where to go in Colorado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to go in Colorado?

Two couples heading for cooler weather in August. Any ideas on where in Colorado to visit? We want somewhere with good restaurants, shopping for the girls, golf, etc.

Open to ideas Thanks

Frisco/Dillon?

Comment

^^ This. Not far from Breckenridge and Vale either. And keystone golf course which is a 10min drive from Dillon is very nice.

Comment

I have a stack of "Colorado Outdoor Magazines" that I will give you. You can look through them and find all kinds of places to go see. I used them to find places to hunt when I hunted Colorado a lot. If you want them, you can have them just come get 'em.
        I'm in Spring.

Comment

Estes Park, hands down.

Comment

Estes Park and Boulder are both great!

Comment

Look to the higher elevations....................

Comment

Breckenridge would be a good option.

The other I'd tell you to look at would be Ridgeway or Ouray. Ouray is a beautiful, small mountain town. Montrose has about everything you could want as far as shopping and places to eat. Ridgeway is between Ouray and Montrose. Easy drive to either with lots to do and see.

Also possibly look at Durango or Colorado Springs.

Comment

Colorado Springs- White water rafting, Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods...

Comment

Breckinridge

Comment

Go and stay at different places. We played the Rio Grand golf club in south fork twice last week. It was a beautiful tract and very challenging. It’s not far from Creede, Pagosa springs, lake city..... I’ve never played the course in Pagosa Springs but PS is a nice place. Durango isn’t too far. I like the feel of the smaller towns though

Comment

Durango, Silverton, Ouray. Creede. Smaller towns, less expensive and friendly people.

Comment

Estes Park

Comment

Working...
                          X