264 win mag...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

264 win mag...

Recently picked up a brand new Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .264 Win Mag. Most of the available ammo is, different bullets of course, but almost all in 140gr. If that is what is best then that is cool but has anybody here pushed the 130gr Nosler Accubonds through theirs? I love the Accubonds in my .257 Roy and am hoping that they shine in the new rifle as well

I’m shooting the 130 AB that Nosler has in trophy grade. Shoots great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Nosler 130 AB is all I put through mine!

Comment

I have 4 brand new boxes of 130gr nosler accubonds and a box of 20 empty nosler brass in 264 win mag if any of yall are interested in buying. Located near Temple. I sold my 264 and no longer have a need for them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t remember the grain I shoot out of mine but it’s the HSM Berger VLD. Pretty rough on the critters I’ve killed wh it

Comment

I hand load the 130 Accubonds for my 264.

Comment

I have a couple boxes of 100gr Core Lokts for mine.

Comment

I don't have the 264 Win mag, but I have the 6.5 PRC and I am loading both the 130 Accubond and the 130 Sirocco with great success I believe. Either bullet using 58-58.5 grains of H1000 and the Remington 9.5 primer are giving me sub .5 MOA and 3100 fps. I have another load with the 130 Accubond/58.0 H1000/CCI BR-2 that I may stick with, if it's repeatable. It shoots a tad tighter than the other loads, but I haven't chrono'd that load yet.

I used the 130 Sirocco last year in my 6.5 Swede and it was devastating on big hogs and deer. The 140 Accubond I've used in a 7/08 and it was super accurate and did a number on a couple of big hogs and deer as well.

Comment

Mine likes 130 Nosler Accubonds (factory loads)
                  Shoots lights out and hits like ten tons

Comment

This may be how they got the reputation as a “barrel burner”!

Comment

Holy cow!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

“High speed” version lol

Just think if all these millennials that like the 6.5 creed knew about the 264...ha

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          “High speed” version lol

Just think if all these millennials that like the 6.5 creed knew about the 264...ha

My cousin is on a lease with me. Last season he shows up with a fully loaded Christensen 6.5 creedmoor. Went on and on about the caliber.
                          I laughed and mentioned then showed him the .264 he had never even heard of it...when he asked me what it was all I could tell him was “it’s everything the creedmoor wishes it could be”

Comment

That old box deserves to be put on a display shelf.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                              My cousin is on a lease with me. Last season he shows up with a fully loaded Christensen 6.5 creedmoor. Went on and on about the caliber.

I laughed and mentioned then showed him the .264 he had never even heard of it...when he asked me what it was all I could tell him was “it’s everything the creedmoor wishes it could be”

It’s like a creedmore...for men.

Comment

Working...
                              X