Gun confiscation LE/Mil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun confiscation LE/Mil

There's been a lot of talk and controversy about Biden and his potential for weapon bans, confiscation and the like.

If things go really, really south-Georgia votes in two dems, a law banning some guns, ammo, mags etc is almost a certainty. No clamoring about executive orders, it'll pass the House, Senate and Uncle Joe will sign it, maybe he'll even remember his name long enough to write it on the signature line.

Paul Howe wrote a piece on his blog about the reality of confiscation and the high price LE, National Guard units and others would pay domestically to enforce that stance if it really came to that reality.

The underlying premise in the article specifies that LE, NG or whoever has to live somewhere, most likely in the community where the adverse actions take place. Potentially placing their family at risk. The Mexican cartels follow the precepts of unconventional warfare to perfection. They may not get you, but they will get your family and that changes the motivation factor substantially. Same tactics applied in the US under dire circumstances yield similar results.

Howe is a retired Master Sergeant who spent the majority of his career in Delta. He continues to maintain his relevance in the tactical arena and trains LE, .mil and civilians. With thirty years in the business, I've had the opportunity to train with a bunch of folks domestically and abroad, mil, LE, professional shooters, etc Howe is the best. He articulates why he does everything and why it works. I have zero affiliation with Howe other than a tremendous appreciation for his passion, expertise and willingness to share his knowledge base.

There are A LOT of posers in the tactical arena these days, along with the requisite number of folks who never quite had the balls to sign up and do the deed. Don't waste your time, extremely valuable resources (ammo, powder, bullets, primers) and money to watch, read or train with these guys. Please.

Joe Rogan observed that the majority of folks overate their ability to defend themselves in a physical altercation by 10,000%, The same holds true for tactical competence. IMO, if you're worried about confiscation, raise your level of training and preparedness. Hoarding ammo is great, but do you really have the ability and knowledge about how to defend your home? Owning 100 guns is great, but competence with just one actually produces results.

Interesting read from a true American Patriot and bada**

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

That is true. Far too many of us do not understand how to engage in a shootout. I don’t train at all, and often thought about taking some classes.

One thing is for sure, I don’t shoot nearly enough to even call myself decent with my sidearm or rifles.

Comment

Good article. Thanks labman.

Comment

There ain’t no cops in my agency that would ever agree to do a mass gun confiscation, and that includes the high sheriff.. We are all a bunch of 2a loving, trump voting boys and girls who will stand WITH our citizens and not against them.

Now the alphabet boys who work for the Federal Gubment? They are a different story and are wild cards.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          That is true. Far too many of us do not understand how to engage in a shootout. I don’t train at all, and often thought about taking some classes.

One thing is for sure, I don’t shoot nearly enough to even call myself decent with my sidearm or rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

UltraMaxi think that is the majority including most of the Alphabet guys/gals.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post

That’s the easy part. The hard part is risk loosing everything you worked hard your whole life to earn. 401k, home, land, comfy lifestyle. That’s what separates us from the loud no gooders that have been screaming the last couple decades.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                UltraMaxi think that is the majority including most of the Alphabet guys/gals.
                I hope you’re right Glen. I have the utmost faith in local LE (even Texas Troopers) and have several Fed colleagues and contacts, but there seems to be a lot more left leaning people working for the alphabet boys than local police, I’ve had several conversations with Fed guys (namely the ATF and especially the FBI) that leave me shaking my head and thinking WTH? I cannot imagine why in hell ANY cop would have voted for these liberals but they do exist. These cops are idiots.

I think these liberal’s law enforcement endgame is to use race relations and gun issues to keep people ****** at each other and will ultimately use the “local cops are racist and won’t enforce our gun laws” mantra and try and federalize Law Enforcement and put all of us under the DOJ. That will be my last day as a cop if it were to come before I retire.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                  I hope you’re right Glen. I have the utmost faith in local LE (even Texas Troopers) and have several Fed colleagues and contacts, but there seems to be a lot more left leaning people working for the alphabet boys than local police, I’ve had several conversations with Fed guys (namely the ATF and especially the FBI) that leave me shaking my head and thinking WTH? I cannot imagine why in hell ANY cop would have voted for these liberals but they do exist. These cops are idiots.

I think these liberal’s law enforcement endgame is to use race relations and gun issues to keep people ****** at each other and will ultimately use the “local cops are racist and won’t enforce our gun laws” mantra and try and federalize Law Enforcement and put all of us under the DOJ. That will be my last day as a cop if it were to come before I retire.
                  While I don't dispute you on the ultra local level, would you have ever thought you would see your fellow LEO arresting people for not wearing a mask or following curfew (for China Virus, not burning, looting & murdering)? There are plenty of videos. Or on the other side, did you ever think you would see your fellow LEO's following orders to stand down and let the left burn, loot and murder? Plenty of videos there too.

Bottom line is at some point every LEO is going to have to decide whether they are a LEO or a citizen under the constitution and unfortunately I don't see there being a choice for both. I'm not questioning you personally or anyone you know but the evidence has shown that a lot of LEO will follow the "Brasses orders" rather than do what is right. Sad times.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                    While I don't dispute you on the ultra local level, would you have ever thought you would see your fellow LEO arresting people for not wearing a mask or following curfew (for China Virus, not burning, looting & murdering)? There are plenty of videos. Or on the other side, did you ever think you would see your fellow LEO's following orders to stand down and let the left burn, loot and murder? Plenty of videos there too.

Bottom line is at some point every LEO is going to have to decide whether they are a LEO or a citizen under the constitution and unfortunately I don't see there being a choice for both. I'm not questioning you personally or anyone you know but the evidence has shown that a lot of LEO will follow the "Brasses orders" rather than do what is right. Sad times.
                    Word.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post

I cannot disagree about what has been happing in liberal ran cities with liberal chiefs of police telling their troops to stand down and embrace the “hug a thug” mentality. It truly does make me sick.

But I know that here in my neck of the woods, when the antifa thugs showed up, had they started lighting up malotov cocktails and chunking them at buildings, we would have used deadly force if need be to protect property from arson, because we know our leaders and prosecutors have our backs. Our business owners were in their businesses and were armed preparing for looters breaking into/burning/raiding their establishments. We were not ordered to use deadly force but we were NOT told to stand down and allow the looting either. Our county and city remains unscorched (not even one spot of graffiti) because I think they knew we were prepared and would shoot if need be.

I understand it’s not the same in the big cities.

Comment

Cehorn - I have not seen any video of arrests for not wearing a mask. I’ve seen them when called to a scene about someone not wearing mask and then the owner/ representative/ school rep telling the person to leave. Then person doesn’t leave. Arrest isn’t for the mask it’s for not leaving. I don’t wear a mask but if told you leave I walk out. I work in a City with 1800- liberal city- liberal city mgr- mayor - and city council- Agency issued zero mask violations.

Comment

Each patriot shoot only one enemy per week, over the first week.

Stalingrad, the Viet Cong, a few mushroom chefs, and Sun-Tzu will fix it.
                          Last edited by Johnny44; 11-24-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                            That’s the easy part. The hard part is risk loosing everything you worked hard your whole life to earn. 401k, home, land, comfy lifestyle. That’s what separates us from the loud no gooders that have been screaming the last couple decades.
                            Thats the easy part, the hard part is losing Freedom, and when that happens all the BS you listed will be the last thing on your mind.

Comment

If and when the assault weapons ban passes the ones already owned will be grandfathered and there will be a buyback program. My new Mossberg MVP (in 5.56) may suddenly increase in value. Then, 4 years from now when Trump wins the next election, he may or may not repeal it. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X