Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching from right hand to left hand bow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from right hand to left hand bow.

Have any of you switched from right to left or vice Versa? I hurt my right shoulder and switched my compound with ease but don’t know how it will be with my recurve. I miss shooting my recurve and want to get back to it but my only option is surgery or just switching hands.

Eye dominance will be the biggest issue I imagine. Lining up sights is one thing but no sight would be tough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I actually did for a bum shoulder put an Eye patch on and shot good for that season just have to practice

Comment

I’m sure there will be a learning curve, but it most certainly can be done, and has been done by a lot of folks for different reasons.

I would think it would be a little easier for you if you have already switched with the compound.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I switched from left to right.
          Right eye dominant was main reason.
          After about a week it all seemed normal; I could shoot equally bad either hand!
          Most painful part was buying new equipment.

Comment

Originally shot RH w/ an eye patch. Got my first LH bow once I realized I was left eye dominant. I do everything RH except shoot, both archery and gun. It’s worth the switch! Honestly I’ve taught myself to shoot my rifles both LH and RH, but prefer LH now.

Comment

I switched from right to left many years ago, it was about the dominant eye for me, has been wonderful for me.

Comment

I shoot right handed but am left eye dominant. I’ve thought about switching for many years just haven’t tried yet. I’ve always wondered how hard it would be to relearn muscle memory after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbone View Post
                  I shoot right handed but am left eye dominant. I’ve thought about switching for many years just haven’t tried yet. I’ve always wondered how hard it would be to relearn muscle memory after all these years.
                  X2

Same boat as Redbone, plus my bows are right handed and would take a while to switch them out.

Comment

I shoot left and right handed. I'm naturally left handed left eye dominant and have always shot left and right handed. I find little to no change in accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                    X