Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
Alex_Mezger
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Gulf Coast
Default 2019 Polaris Ranger 900XP Noise

I recently purchased a 2019 Polaris ranger 900Xp, with only a couple hours on the machine it was making a weird noise from the front end. Almost sounded like its coming from front diff. Made me think of bad bearings, the noise is not a minor noise that can barely be heard, I took it to Polaris thinking it would be a simple fix. Only for them to tell me the noise is "Completely normal for the 2019's". Im having a hard time accepting that answer and was wanting to hear from the GS on this issue, has anybody dealt with this issue?
Alex_Mezger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2019, 07:27 AM   #2
daniel044
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sonora, TX

I had the same noise on my 2016 Ranger Crew, they also told me it was normal. Very annoying but I believe its the carrier bearing.

Is it a crew?
daniel044 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #3
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

I have a '14 900xp (Not crew) and never have a had noise like you described from the front of the machine. I'd make them fix it, it wasn't there when you test drove it. If they want to keep pricing these things like a regular automotive vehicle, they better **** well service them as such.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #4
boogieandbride
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

I have a 2018 Ranger 900XP and the REAR END has a terrible noise. Took it to the dealer and they were going to charge me to fix it, "it's a common noise and Polaris doesn't consider this an issue". They fixed it and when I went to pick it up, they were going to charge me. I told them to put the noise back and I'll live with it before I pay for something that should have been warrantied.
boogieandbride is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #5
Alex_Mezger
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Gulf Coast

I argued with the dealership for weeks over the issue, they stuck with there word. My next step is to try other dealership, see what the second opinion is. If still no luck, I will be making a call to Polaris themselves. It really seems unsettling that an engineer would change the way the front diff is designed and ignore the noise... but then again.. an engineer isn't paid to think logically.
Alex_Mezger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top