No announcement yet.

Christmas Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which model has been more reliable for the last several months?

Comment

Latest GFS still showing arctic front coming in around the 22nd and sticking around for a full week.

Comment

What happen to that khou weather link that was posted? No longer works for me.

Comment

Here's the thread about the upcoming potential for cold weather:

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            I can confidently say that it won't be 80 degrees this Christmas.

The GFS has been very consistent in bringing a potent Arctic airmass straight down the lee of the Rockies and deep into Texas around the 23rd, give or take. Other thing is overriding moisture bringing a very nasty ice sleet/freezing rain event into the state, devastating for some parts.

The European model is just coming into range and is not near as cold with the front and no winter storm. Just have to watch it over the next week. Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            That’s about the best commentary I’ve read on this.

It’s way early but I feel pretty confident in a few days of cold, not as confident with the winter precip potential, at least not in my area of the high plains
            Last edited by Playa; 12-13-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              That’s about the best commentary I’ve read on this.

It’s way early but I feel pretty confident in a few days of cold, not as confident with the winter precip potential, at least not in my area of the high plains
              Party pooper

Comment

I'm sure hoping for a cold Christmas. I mowed my lawn on Christmas last year.

Comment

Looks pretty average for us. We could definitely use some precipitation!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks cold, and potentially ICY. Long ways out though and Lucy has pulled the football on us too many times for me to get too excited 10 days out! Will certainly be watching though. I like the somewhat suprising, over-performing Snow storms like we had last week!

Comment

Cold is fine but could do without iced over roads. Got a lot of hunting to do that week and want to get where I need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                        Looks pretty average for us. We could definitely use some precipitation!
                        I rely on wunderground throughout the year but them, accuweather, weather channel, etc. always seem to be late to the party for arctic air events. I hope to see them change their tune, soon tho!

Comment

A LEO friend of mine says they were sent a freeze warning today for the week of Christmas. The warning said to expect 2.22 inches of ice and freezing rain.

This was for the Houston area.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                              A LEO friend of mine says they were sent a freeze warning today for the week of Christmas. The warning said to expect 2.22 inches of ice and freezing rain.

This was for the Houston area.
                              Please no. I'm going to be out of town and i dont want to come back to a bunch of busted pipes.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                What does this mean Blake? I can’t read these maps?

Comment

Working...
                                X