There is some BS going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is some BS going on

“The world knew her as ‘Aunt Jemima,’ but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY... and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark.

Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes... and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving.

Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for folks in Chicago.

She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89.

Nancy Green was a remarkable woman... and has just been ERASED by politically correct bedwetters.”

- Scott Fein

The world needs to know ..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Not sure why someone would want her removed.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
      I know its ridiculous

Comment

The best reaction I saw to this was on Twitter. People were ecstatic she was being removed, but also very adamant they don't replace her with a white woman.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post

Because the race baiters wouldn’t approve of her story. It doesn’t fit their narrative.

She rose up to become a success & used her position to better her community.

Doesn’t fit “ white man is keeping you down.” Trash they keep throwing out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All this crap and bad news is for ad revenue, bad news makes more money

Comment

Their gonna separate the oreo cookie next.

Comment

The mayor of Columbus, Ohio, announced Thursday the city plans to remove the Christopher Columbus statue that stands in front of city hall in favor of “diversity and inclusion.”

Getting ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  It sucks when Fox News is your best news station. They are into sensationalism of bad news too for ad revenue. I think there would be less need for national health care than regulating news

Comment

Her grandson is ****** that they are doing this and rightfully so!

Uncle Ben's rice is next on the chopping block, at least the figure on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                      It sucks when Fox News is your best news station. They are into sensationalism of bad news too for ad revenue. I think there would be less need for national health care than regulating news

Mayor Andrew J. Ginther Thursday announced that the Christopher Columbus statue on the Broad Street side of City Hall will be removed.

If you prefer another news source, you can google. I don't think there is a "best" news source. I get my news Fox, CNN, Bloomberg, BBC, locals,..... In the world of Google it is fairly easy to fact check. Just a shame we have to fact check everything from most every news source these days.

Comment

I always thought that Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, and others were on these products to promote that people of color belonged everywhere and these ads were a huge break away from the slavery mentality. They were pioneers that really were heroes in their day. They brought honor and respect for their time.

Trivia fact: Rosie Lee Moore Hall of Calvert, TX was the last real person to portray Aunt Jemima (1950-1967).

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          https://www.dispatch.com/news/202006...e-at-city-hall

If you prefer another news source, you can google. I don't think there is a "best" news source. I get my news Fox, CNN, Bloomberg, BBC, locals,..... In the world of Google it is fairly easy to fact check. Just a shame we have to fact check everything from most every news source these days.
                          It is not about fact checking its the reporting that incites fear and violence

Comment

I guess Cracker Barrel is next.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                              Because the race baiters wouldn’t approve of her story. It doesn’t fit their narrative.

She rose up to become a success & used her position to better her community.

Doesn’t fit “ white man is keeping you down.” Trash they keep throwing out there.

This for sure. She is the epitome of the American system and how it can work for ANYBODY but it doesn’t fit the current narrative.

Comment

Working...
                              X