Good bye bump stocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    It's going to be hard for an infantryman to defend himself from the age of 18-21. or will we just make the age of enlistment 21 also.
    The whole 18/21 year old thing is jacked up. You are responsible enough to go and fight, and possibly die, for your country, but you aren't responsible enough to drink. Seems hypocritical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      The whole 18/21 year old thing is jacked up. You are responsible enough to go and fight, and possibly die, for your country, but you aren't responsible enough to drink. Seems hypocritical to me.
      Wrap your head around this. We got 17 year olds telling us how our laws should be and saying that 18 year olds are not responsible enough to have a gun......but somehow they are responsible enough to come up with new laws on when you should have a gun and what type it should be......and people are listening to them. Insanity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
        It's going to be hard for an infantryman to defend himself from the age of 18-21. or will we just make the age of enlistment 21 also.
        That's Infantry"Person".

DJ

Comment

Clearly some of you haven't seen the polling. Now the last election poll showed they can be way off but even with a large margin for error we're in bad shape.

Summary 58% believe it should be harder to buy a firearm
          77% let that sink in more than 3 out of 4 think that there should be stricter background checks. Wishful thinking says it's just the wording of the quetions.

Article is from OCt 2017
          http://news.gallup.com/poll/220595/s...aws-edges.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
            Wrap your head around this. We got 17 year olds telling us how our laws should be and saying that 18 year olds are not responsible enough to have a gun......but somehow they are responsible enough to come up with new laws on when you should have a gun and what type it should be......and people are listening to them. Insanity.

Reading that was like getting hit in the face with a bucket of cold water. Rather sobering.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
              Banning bump stocks is not banning firearms. A bump stock is an accessory. Nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.
              Exactly..
              I just don't get the cause for uproar over bump stocks, from either side, I guess..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 02-22-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

"uproar" may be because this slippery slope has now been accepted... soon to follow ..high capacity mags (again), echo triggers, repeating firearms, bullets...etc
                Its not a stretch once pandoras box is opened....with the easiest argument now being "But you had no problem with bumpstocks...."

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post

It doesn't bother me too much...we also have teens standing up for the 2nd & dropping cnn in the grease about their town halls being scripted & exposing the media. I saw both sides on whitehouse listening session & hard for me to get down on a kid that lost friends & doesn't understand the complexities of the 2nd. I'm very proud of the fact we do have future defenders of liberty too.

I'll debate topics I'm passionate about but we are all allowed to express our 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAg97 View Post
                    Clearly some of you haven't seen the polling. Now the last election poll showed they can be way off but even with a large margin for error we're in bad shape.

Summary 58% believe it should be harder to buy a firearm
                    77% let that sink in more than 3 out of 4 think that there should be stricter background checks. Wishful thinking says it's just the wording of the quetions.

Article is from OCt 2017
                    http://news.gallup.com/poll/220595/s...aws-edges.aspx
                    75% of all statistics are made up 50% of the time.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      It doesn't bother me too much...we also have teens standing up for the 2nd & dropping cnn in the grease about their town halls being scripted & exposing the media. I saw both sides on whitehouse listening session & hard for me to get down on a kid that lost friends & doesn't understand the complexities of the 2nd. I'm very proud of the fact we do have future defenders of liberty too.

I'll debate topics I'm passionate about but we are all allowed to express our 1st.
                      Great post! LIFE just changed for these young folks forever. For the mass majority of us we had to deal with losing a close family member (grandpa, etc.) or a classmate to a car accident.......... but not a horrific event like a MASS shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                        If they do ban them will it make them illegal to use? possess? buy? Do they buy them back from the people that have them or just expect them to destroy them?
                        You will be required to destroy them.

Here is the proposed rule submitted into the federal register 4 days ago....

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                          You will be required to destroy them.

Here is the proposed rule submitted into the federal register 4 days ago....

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...m_medium=email
                          So all the law abiding citizens will turn theirs in or destroy them. Finally no one will ever be shot a gain by a person wielding a firearm. meanwhile in the world of those that could give a **** about the law ........................

Idiots.

Comment

Bump stocks are low on their priority list .Give an inch........fast forward to 2:50.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                              Bump stocks are low on their priority list .Give an inch........fast forward to 2:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-4tVcAho74

Yup. You show them weakness they will pounce. Politics is downstream from culture.

Plus, add to it that a bumpstock ban is essentially a regulation on cyclic rate of a semi auto, and you open up all kinds of horrible possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X