Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto diet

Anybody on the GS doing the Keto diet ? I started 2 weeks ago, and I seem to be eating the same things and it's getting old. If you are, you mind sharing and good receipes? Thank you in advanced .

Just get to idea of eating for taste and enjoyment out of your head. I'm not on a keto diet but pretty much eat the same thing daily. Oatmeal and 6 eggs for breakfast, 4 eggs after workout snack and greek yogart, 2 chicken breasts and brown rice lunch, broccoli, tuna, apple snack, fish or chicken another 2 times before I go to sleep- wake up the next day and repeat. Been doing it for several years but do throw in a piece of cheesecake or icecream once in a while.

Comment

Here are some recipes.

Here is another thread with a good recipe.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you. I've lost 9lbs in 2 weeks. Hardest part, ain't gunna lie. My beer intake

Comment

Search amazon for an author Kristie Sullivan-Honeycutt. Great cookbook. She also runs a Facebook group along those lines.

Comment

Down 41 lbs in 4 months. Stay the course. Once I took the attitude that food is only fuel, it seemed to help push me through. Some days are better than others. I've found that if I plateau for a week, I will have a "cheat meal". Eat whatever I want and then get back in Ketosis. That jump starts my weight loss again. I limit those cheat meals to once a month. I drink a lot of the premier protein shakes I buy at Sam's. 30 grams of protein per drink.

Comment

I have enjoyed some of the recipes from here. Being diabetic carbs are my enemy.

Discover a world of health & wellness at Thinlicious! Explore our deliciously healthy recipes, expert tips & more for a fit, vibrant lifestyle.

Comment

http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/almond-flour-biscuits/

These biscuits are the bomb, made with almond flour.

Comment

If it ends with 'diet' it won't:
                  a) last
                  and/or
                  b) work
                  Eat healthy & exercise. Amazing how sometimes the game-changers are so blatantly obvious. Dedication is all it takes. Pure & simple. Either you truly want the change or you don't. Now, dedicate yourself & MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Comment

Thank you guys for all the support and advise. I am a outside salesman and drive about 5000 miles a month. So it's kinda hard to stay on point. I'm thinking making Premaid lunches and snacks for the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
                      Thank you guys for all the support and advise. I am a outside salesman and drive about 5000 miles a month. So it's kinda hard to stay on point. I'm thinking making Premaid lunches and snacks for the road.
                      That's a great idea! Also, park in the farthest spot in the parking lot when you go do your sales. Every little bit helps!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
                        Yes this!!! I do the same thing, cook meals all Sunday afternoon. Buy your tupperware and get after it. The Keto is actually really easy on the road, just don't stop at the gas station if you can't carry anything. Stop at a grocery store and get a half chicken, cuts of roast, etc.

Comment

For most folk the "junk" is a taste bud only satisfaction so while it may be sacrilegious, you can chew it, savor it, and spit it out, to include beer.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            If it ends with 'diet' it won't:
                            a) last
                            and/or
                            b) work
                            Eat healthy & exercise. Amazing how sometimes the game-changers are so blatantly obvious. Dedication is all it takes. Pure & simple. Either you truly want the change or you don't. Now, dedicate yourself & MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
                            In this particular case (the Keto Diet) it's a lifestyle change. It isn't a "diet" as in the common use of the word in today's society. But it's a "diet", as in you're changing the way you eat as a long term lifestyle plan

Or that is what it SHOULD be anyways. If folks are doing it as a "quick weight loss" deal, as soon as they quit and go back to eating a crappy "diet", the weight will return with a vengeance

Comment

Keto diet

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Just get to idea of eating for taste and enjoyment out of your head. I'm not on a keto diet but pretty much eat the same thing daily. Oatmeal and 6 eggs for breakfast, 4 eggs after workout snack and greek yogart, 2 chicken breasts and brown rice lunch, broccoli, tuna, apple snack, fish or chicken another 2 times before I go to sleep- wake up the next day and repeat. Been doing it for several years but do throw in a piece of cheesecake or icecream once in a while.

I don't buy into these fad diets either amd yours is pretty on point for what I do except for the fact that you're on a deer hunting website and don't eat deer. I limit my red meat(deer) to once or twice a week and the rest is chicken or fish. I do 1 cup egg whites with one whole egg for the am and Mix in some oatmeal. I travel for sales so i usually do a protein shake around 10 and chicken or fish for lunch with brown rice. At 3 I do another protein shake and dinner around 7 I do a protein and a vegetable.

After following this diet for a while and drinking all the water you are supposed to I have learned that I'm not doing it right.

I've been in the gym for a long time and those guys you wished you looked like are all cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Black Ice; 05-14-2017, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X