• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

From my Make Believe World
    Any close ups of your setup?

Comment

Ah!! Here's the exact ones we use.

https://www.bigfootcameras.com/produ...solar-charger/

Great compact set-up, with a bracket for the camera and panel.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
        Any close ups of your setup?

I built them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post

I built them.

Comment

Not a real fan of the battery box part. I've ordered what I feel to be a better solution. I'll post pictures after I see how it's going to work. I've had over 400 pics the past 5 days and battery is still showing 100%

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
              Ah!! Here's the exact ones we use.

https://www.bigfootcameras.com/produ...solar-charger/

Great compact set-up, with a bracket for the camera and panel.
              Nevermind. What is the difference between this Bigfoot link and the link you posted earlier on amazon?
              Last edited by Beargrasstx; 08-25-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

We put lithium batteries that we got at Sams club in our 2. Put them out August 1st, I’m guessing around 500 pictures so far and they are still showing 100%. I was planning to go with a solar system but if these last as long as I Hope I won’t mess with solar.

Comment

Have one out right now with lithium batteries. 1900 pics and still on 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by wudduk View Post
                    Have one out right now with lithium batteries. 1900 pics and still on 100 percent.
                    Lithium's don't degrade like Alkaline do. Alkaline will show a slow drop in battery life until dead, while the Lithium will usually go out all at once, 100-85 then 0. Then normally if you use a small battery tester on the lithium set, it's normally only one that went out. I have one of those testers and it paid for itself the first time I used it. Now I only change the batteries that are bad and not the whole dang set on my non-solar units.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
                      Lithium's don't degrade like Alkaline do. Alkaline will show a slow drop in battery life until dead, while the Lithium will usually go out all at once, 100-85 then 0. Then normally if you use a small battery tester on the lithium set, it's normally only one that went out. I have one of those testers and it paid for itself the first time I used it. Now I only change the batteries that are bad and not the whole dang set on my non-solar units.
                      yep. i plan on trying them in the reveal. i run them in my brownings and will usually get over a season out of them but when they start showing 93-97% they're fixing to go. however i do have a set that are starting their "4th year" in a cover blackflash camera that is strictly for scrapes. 3 years, tons of pics and still 100%.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Mine has been up and running since Friday. Only issue I have is the temperature reading. Latest pic shows 104 degrees at 3:30 a.m. Anyone else see a problem with temp readings?

Comment

My temp readings look good. Only issue I have seen is using the APP and deleting photos, the screen refreshes and it looks like the image is still there. You have to leave that screen or pull down to refresh for it to go away. Otherwise, you can select it again and try and delete it again which is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                              Mine has been up and running since Friday. Only issue I have is the temperature reading. Latest pic shows 104 degrees at 3:30 a.m. Anyone else see a problem with temp readings?
                              I would believe it some nights! Im waiting for it to say 45°

Comment

How are y'all mounting the box to the pole, post, tree, etc? Screws through the inside? Also are y'all drilling out a hole for the solar wire to run into the box and just using a rubber grommet to seal the hole?

Comment

Working...
                                X