Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Landowner hunt is land if he leases hunting rights out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wow View Post
    my land. I hunt. You dont like. I hunt next year you dont.
    lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      lmao!
      No doubt, pretty much says it all

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
        Whatever the contract says, goes. If there’s no clause stating LO family and friends may hunt for free at his discretion, I’d hold him to that or ask for $ back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Really?Good luck with that bud

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post

I think legally you could have that held up if you wanted to take it that far. It’s nice having lawyer friends.

Comment

To answer your question. YES

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
              I think legally you could have that held up if you wanted to take it that far. It’s nice having lawyer friends.

Have you tried that? Do your friends work for free? I come from a family of them

Comment

If you have in the contract that you have sole rights for hunting then I would ask for money back.

What you are saying in a different side would be the same as you leasing oil rights (although more regulated) and then the landowner pumping oil from the place himself.

I would say you flush this out in the beginning so there are no surprises when the season comes around.

Comment

Have you tried that? Do your friends work for free? I come from a family of them

I have once, not on a lease dispute though. We didn’t have to go to court, he emailed person involved who didn’t think I would take it that far. Sometimes that’s all it takes, a little encouragement lol.

Comment

Last lease I was on we agreed with the landowner that his daughter and S-I-L had 2 weekends during the deer season---Thanksgiving--4 days, and Christmas--4 days. With the long season, was never a problem for us. Also let them help with the pig problems but they didn't do much for this.

Comment

I would not pay for a lease where the landowner and his family were also hunting the property whenever they want to. His land, his right to do so but it needs to be in the agreement. Some hunters may be ok with that and lease it anyway but not me. I’ve had too many landowner family members kill deer during the week at my set-ups - at my feeders over my corn. Once again it is his property so he makes the rules but hunters paying thousands for hunting rights need to know that going in.

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
                        If you have in the contract that you have sole rights for hunting then I would ask for money back.

What you are saying in a different side would be the same as you leasing oil rights (although more regulated) and then the landowner pumping oil from the place himself.

I would say you flush this out in the beginning so there are no surprises when the season comes around.
                        In a perfect world, but he owns it and it is his world! Take him to court if you want, but in the end you will spend more than the lease fee which if he decided he doesn’t want to repay, he won’t and you have no recourse. The contract is for the hunters peace of mind and that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          I would not pay for a lease where the landowner and his family were also hunting the property whenever they want to. His land, his right to do so but it needs to be in the agreement. Some hunters may be ok with that and lease it anyway but not me. I’ve had too many landowner family members kill deer during the week at my set-ups - at my feeders over my corn. Once again it is his property so he makes the rules but hunters paying thousands for hunting rights need to know that going in.
                          Bingo, couldn’t agree more

Comment

Can a Landowner hunt is land if he leases hunting rights out?

Our contract has 2 pastures set aside for the family to hunt. We can drive through them to access other pastures but cannot hunt them. They also are allowed one weekend a year to quail hunt the ranch and we are not allowed to be at the ranch. The quail hunt is always after deer season has ended.

Comment

I don’t think a lease implies that a landowner is forfeiting his right to hunt his own property. I take it as a signed agreement that he is giving you permission to be on his land and harvest whatever has been set forth with a given set of rules. Unless there’s language saying otherwise, I’d fully expect a landowner to hunt his property.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                Our landowner pretty much follows this to a T.

Our landowner and his family hunt the front part of the ranch. They have 4 stands and only hunt those stands. Heck they don’t even hunt that much and they only meat hunt for does or culls. “Does taste much better so that’s what we prefer to shoot”.

His property is big enough to do that. They hunt close to 1,000 acres and leave us with a much better 2,500 acres. It works for us and I couldn’t be any happier. It is a privilege to be able to hunt their family ranch and I don’t mind paying. Like mentioned in previous posts. Get it lined out in the contract before you hunt so it is crystal clear and there is no suprises or hard feelings.

Comment

Working...
                                X