Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing myself but the post hole digging is not going to be in sand but dry, dry black dirt.
    We have an auger but I'd rather hand do it all. Lol... Black dirt sucks! Been there done that. 2"-4" of red clay/iron ore here and then sand for 2'. Once I hit clay again I pretty much stop. It's not too bad here.

Comment

following

Comment

Figure it all out and then after deer season we might have to start on mine if I can swing it.

Comment

should be down hill once you get them holes dug

Interested to see how you progress

Comment

"BIL and his wife and kids"...

How many kids and for how long?

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
              "BIL and his wife and kids"...

How many kids and for how long?
              They have 2 kiddos. However long they decide.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                should be down hill once you get them holes dug

Interested to see how you progress
                Ha... Half of them done yesterday. Should finish remaining holes this evening. Have to meet a member for a gun purchase but should have an hour of daylight left when I get back to complete the holes.

Comment

Nice Jason!

I’ll be digging homes here in a couple weeks for a fence around our house that’s being build. We have an auger but I like the work out

Comment

In for the build. Good luck. Are you working off a set of plans? Any estimates on cost per sq ft?

Comment

Following, your making me sweat just looking at those holes and diggers

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                        In for the build. Good luck. Are you working off a set of plans? Any estimates on cost per sq ft?
                        Just making them up as I go. Master bedroom/bath on one end 13x24, main living/kitchen open 17x24 and 2 kids rooms 10x10 with full bath and closets in between the two. Laundry will be on master side same wall as master bath but access from kitchen. Nothing fancy. Just a nice little farmhouse. I built my personal home for $24/Sq/Ft. Material cost has gone up due to Harvey so hoping to save here and there buying material from a local surplus. A lot of the savings comes from buying deals when available whether or not your ready for them or not. Just have to keep an eye out.

I should be able to finish this one out nicely in the $25k-$30k range. It will most likely have 8' wrap around porch which is costly.
                        Last edited by Antlers86; 05-30-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Gonna be a cool build to follow along on. I believe my BIL would be out of freakin luck...........

Comment

Budget Home Build!!!

Great time of year to do this.
                            You better hurry up before the weather cools down! [emoji44][emoji28]

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X