My daughter first shot at a buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter first shot at a buck

My daughter and I were in the stand Sat. morning. It was misty and cold. We had just turned on the ozonics and sprayed some nose jammer. I was just starting to sit down in our 2 man ladder stand when we had a deer walk though at about 6:30 and when it got behind us he blew once. We settled in and got ready for the feeder to go off at 7. At 7:10 she had a 8 point come into the feeder. She draw back and away went the Slick Trick with a red nocturnal nock. It looked picture perfect for a quartering away shot at 15yds. He turned and we watched as he ran back the way he came. It was not a pass-thru back looked like at least 10" was in him.

She was on cloud 9. She had shot a buck on her birthday. The whole ladder stand was shaking, but then that could have been me. We waited for 30min then got down to look for blood. No blood where he was standing and everything was so wet that it was hard to see. We walked the trails and chris cross the area, but found nothing.

I took a break at 10:00 for a breakfast bar and some water, then met Tiffany as she was headed back to the truck. She talked to her mom and she said that James , her step dad was on his way to help. Just as he got there we found some blood. We trailed it until it crossed the fence onto the next property.

We where not able to get permission to go onto the property. What had started out to be the best day every just did a 180. She understood that we didn't have permission to cross the fence, but it was still hard to swallow.

We still have does and spikes to shoot until the 20th so maybe next time the story will have a picture at the end.

Bummer!!! She'll get her LDP soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
      Bummer!!! She'll get her LDP soon!!!
      Thanks brother

Comment

Why would the land owner not let you come look for the deer across the fence?

Comment

Originally posted by dbrock63 View Post
          Why would the land owner not let you come look for the deer across the fence?
          x2..... Keep us updated, hope ya get access!

Comment

Apparently the last people to ask for permissions took it as permission to hunt.

Comment

Working...
            X