No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are getting primed for the evening hunt.. Seen a doe around 4 but nothing since.. Wind is a little heavy at times with temperatures slowly dropping.. Hoping something happens tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck "88"! shootabiggun!

Comment

Checking in! Zero movement so far this morning but it feels like one of those days it could happen at any minute!

Comment

Saw three bucks yesterday. Two youngsters and a big bodied buck. Looked to be in the 8-10 pt range. He had his nose to the ground like a blood hound when he passed in front of me at about 40 yds. It was about 6:15 am and I could not tell for sure if he was at least 4.5 yo.
          15 min later he may have been a dead deer. Hunting oaks this morning. I have already had four does feeding around me at less than thirty yards.
          Hoping they drag a wall hanger out.

Comment

7 does so far no bucks

Comment

Saturday-Monday and doe I saw had a buck with her. Tuesday through this morning I see the same 7 doe on the way to work in a 45 mile range and not one had a buck around her. Guess they all got popped at the same time. Every deer has been under oak canopies chowing down on acorns!

Comment

Solid 3.5 8 making a rub on small tree

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Solid 3.5 8 making a rub on small tree

Getting good! Come on big daddy!

Comment

I sure am enjoying my "hunt" this morning sitting in my office and checking this thread every once in a while... Thanks to you live hunt guys for takin' the rest of us along!!

Comment

Temp already dropped about 10*

Comment

next 3 to 4 seem to be the magic days these last couple of years. Hop eye be able to leave early enough to be out Friday end of day.

looking good for you bayouboy

Comment

Switch turned on. Doe and yearling in one lane on hand Corn and another doe with twin yearlings in the feeder pen.

Like antlers said above though, up until Sunday I didn’t see a doe that wasn’t with a buck or had one close behind her. Not the same story today

Comment

Cant wait for this weekend

Comment

Y'all keep at it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve only seen a coyote so far.. Would’ve dropped em in his tracks if he would’ve gave me a chance.. Hunt all day or not..?

Comment

Working...
                                X