Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about time

Trump pardons Kristian Saucier, former sailor jailed for submarine pictures

Heard it on the radio today. Seemed like a silly deal but the kid was downright knuckle-headed for taking the pics in the first place.

Comment

I was stationed on a sub. It was drilled into our heads that you don't do that. Our captain made a ship rule that no cell phones were allowed u less they didn't have a camera. Laptops and tablets only with no cameras. Engine room and reactor compartment were all sensitive areas. I don't understand why this guy was pardoned.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
        I was stationed on a sub. It was drilled into our heads that you don't do that. Our captain made a ship rule that no cell phones were allowed u less they didn't have a camera. Laptops and tablets only with no cameras. Engine room and reactor compartment were all sensitive areas. I don't understand why this guy was pardoned.

And this is COMMON knowledge, thus the action was definitely waaaaay out of bounds! Sir, you are a tough man. Being underwater for months at a time surely takes a special breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          And this is COMMON knowledge, thus the action was definitely waaaaay out of bounds! Sir, you are a tough man. Being underwater for months at a time surely takes a special breed.
          It's not as bad as you'd think. You cant really tell the difference in the engine room in a sub and the engine room in an aircraft carrier. And the boomer subs had a much better schedule!

Comment

Well if Hillary and Bill are above the law then this man should be too. Heck we all should be....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Well if Hillary and Bill are above the law then this man should be too. Heck we all should be....
              I get that. But with that logic shouldn't Trump be pardoning everybody? I'm just curious how he picked this guy.

Comment

I'm not sure I fully agree to the pardon...but that aside they determined that the pictures didn't show anything of significance with regard to sensitivity. And because of the conviction Saucier was unable to find a job and his family lost almost everything..he is now working as a garbage man to support the family. Not to mention he gets to take the ankle bracelet off finally.
                Not trying to make a sob story for the dude, but maybe Trump felt he has payed enough for the slip up and it was an easy pardon.

Comment

What? No sex change? Trump doesn’t respect veterans obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get that. But with that logic shouldn't Trump be pardoning everybody? I'm just curious how he picked this guy.

Trump invoked his case repeatedly on the campaign trail, saying he was “ruined” for doing “nothing” compared to Hillary Clinton.
                    Still, Trump allowed Saucier to serve his full prison sentence

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      I still think one could make the case for lots of people that were ruined for "nothing" but, if it's been a talking point since campaign and he's following through with a campaign promise then that makes a loot more sense to me as to why he was the lucky one

Comment

I still think one could make the case for lots of people that were ruined for "nothing" but, if it's been a talking point since campaign and he's following through with a campaign promise then that makes a loot more sense to me as to why he was the lucky one

I did not realize that either. Definitely a smart political move in the overall picture.
                        Oh, nothing wrong at all being a sanitation worker. It is a role that society must have and a lot of good men have served in that role! He has a new lease on life.......now lets see how he uses that lottery ticket!

Comment

I'm pretty sure if i googled long enough..I could find full schematics to that sub ....

Comment

Bergdahl got one and his crime was 1,000 X's worse...Just saying

Comment

I'm fine with it. Yes stupid should hurt, but I can think of worse people to pardon. Much better than drug dealers and traitors. Heck, Huckabee pardoned a gangster who then went on to murder someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X