No announcement yet.

How many acres per person.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main concern would be which direction are the rifle hunters shooting on 1 section of land. I assume it's in the shape of a square.
    Last edited by Aggiehunter08; 08-22-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Me and my 3 boys hunt 5 acres with no problems at all.

Comment

We have 3 on what is about 700 acres in Kent County. Not a huge amount of deer, but I will tell you this. Denson and I have stands on the north end of our property that is just north of about a 100 acre field and we are only about maybe 200 yards apart with stands and feeders. Funny thing is, even being in the flood plain of the Brazos River, we hardly ever see the same deer on cameras or in person. I can see Denson's feeder and stand when the mesquite leaves fall and he can see my feeder from his stand. Excplain this when we do not see the same deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          We have 3 on what is about 700 acres in Kent County. Not a huge amount of deer, but I will tell you this. Denson and I have stands on the north end of our property that is just north of about a 100 acre field and we are only about maybe 200 yards apart with stands and feeders. Funny thing is, even being in the flood plain of the Brazos River, we hardly ever see the same deer on cameras or in person. I can see Denson's feeder and stand when the mesquite leaves fall and he can see my feeder from his stand. Excplain this when we do not see the same deer.
          That's intresting, what about during the rut.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            That's intresting, what about during the rut.

Still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 3 on 568 acres. First year I had 5 and it was ok as far as hunters per acre, but nobody wanted to help out except 2 other members. So now we have 3 including myself.

Comment

We have three on 480 acres in Coleman, and each of us have two sets plus one guest stand. It works well for us, specially considering one of the guys only hunts a couple times a year.

Comment

I guess every area is different. We've seen the same buck at two different feeders on the same morning within 30 minutes. The two feeders are about a mile apart. We have also killed a buck that was on camera at another feeder days earlier but was killed at a feeder 5 miles away.

Obviously your area is different but it is possible that you could, at some point, be spreading out the the same deer over multiple feeders. Which means your chance of seeing them at the one you are at on a given day is less. Just my observation and opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I won't go any less than 250 acres per person but prefer 4-500 acres per person.
                    X2

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I won't go any less than 250 acres per person but prefer 4-500 acres per person.
                      X2

Comment

5 on that in Concho is a lot.

Comment

Depends on amount of cover and neighbors. I personally would rather have 3 maybe 4 on it tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you mostly interested in how many safe shooting lanes you can cram into a place, or are you more concerned with how many actual mature shooter bucks might be on the place?

Comment

i believe it. i am lucky to have 3 spots to hunt, on all 3 i have neighbors within 200-400 yards of my setups and while we will get most of the same deer on camera, we also have a few bucks every year that only 1 of us ever see.

Comment

I guess it all depends on the area. The main block of our camp is the same size. We kill 8-10 bucks and at least 10 does every year and have for a long time. Only 3-4 hunt it regularly, but we bring friends several times a season. It can fit 8-9 hunters comfortably.

Then again, all about the terrain, cover, and density.

Comment

Working...
                                X