50lb shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50lb shooters

What broadheads are y'all shooting? Trying to decide if I'm going to have dad and wife shoot killzones this year while shooting @ 50lbs. I'm wondering if they'll be ok with them ? If you don't think so what should I look at? I've been thinking maybe QAD EXODUS and Ramcats... I'll never use a Magnus again after a broadhead basically exploded on impact of a nice buck for me in past.

Slick tricks and killzone low ke.

Comment

If you have to have a expandable, I'd do a hypo +p. Not sure if killzone has a low poundage model anymore. Exodus is another good head or a muzzy trocar

Comment

I would not use a mechanical. Some make a low ke version you may be ok with, but I would not use a standard mechanical. But that's just me though. I shoot 50#'s due to injuries/surgeries and last year shot Solid Legend's but they are really expensive. I just wanted to try them. I like a true cut on contact head though for lighter weight. QAD's say they are coc but the tip isn't sharp. I have 6 here and I love them from my last 60# bow, so I am not bashing them.

I am surprised you had such a bad experience with Magnus, I used them for years when I shot trad and never had an issue.

Comment

I have shot a dozen deer with my magnus and never had a problem.
          I even keep one that i shoot at a catus or sapling cedar everytime i get in a stand, sticking it in the ground and it has never broken

Comment

I shoot Wasp Hammers and G5 Strikers at 58 lb. Zero problems. I know that's not 50, but it ain't 70 either.

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
              I'll never use a Magnus again after a broadhead basically exploded on impact of a nice buck for me in past.
              Did the buck die? What poundage were you using?

Im sure mechs are good for blood letting but they make me nervous...especially in the areas I hunt...mainly because of stalking through Texas brambles and scrub brush...and my arrows are ripped from my shelf constantly.

Compound...Montecs G5s and Muzzy 3 blade. Recurve...My goal is to tune to 125gr Magnus.

Comment

Look at the WacEm's. The fly beautifully and blades lock front and back. Great head and you get 4 to a pack

Try the Magnus Black Hornets too. I know you mentioned Magnus but could it be just some bad luck?

Comment

The buck I shot with the Magnus did not die . I shot him at @ 35 yards. My bow is set at 68lbs with 31.5" draw. Broadhead broke into pieces on impact and barely went in at all and fell out immediately. Aside from that the blood trails the stingers leave is less than desirable

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
                    The buck I shot with the Magnus did not die . I shot him at @ 35 yards. My bow is set at 68lbs with 31.5" draw. Broadhead broke into pieces on impact and barely went in at all and fell out immediately. Aside from that the blood trails the stingers leave is less than desirable
                    That was 100% a fluke

Comment

I would go with the Killzone low KE. Killzones are a nasty head!

Comment

Slick Tricks, Muzzy 4 blade

God Bless

Comment

I've shot quite a few animals at #49-#54 with hypodermics and have not had an issue

Comment

I shot this deer with a standard Killzone at 55lbs. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20161001_190456.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	24507264

Comment

That's what my deer I've shot with killzones look like. Blood everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X