Another hummingbird video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another hummingbird video

Shot with the 70D and 7DmkII. I just put my fluid head on one of my tripods since I plan on more video shooting.

http://youtu.be/l-80g4U7I70 or

Last edited by Bill M; 09-16-2015, 08:22 AM.

Bunch of grumps. Nice video.................

Comment

Man that's cool. I've never seen that many and them so calm. I've got 3 feeders out all the time and the most I've seen at once is about 5-6 and they are so aggressive with each other. They dive bomb each other and seem so territorial...I never see more than 2 at a time on a single feeder.

Your groups seem so harmonious and everyone gets along!

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I've never had this many before. I have 6 feeders out but these 2 and one other are the busiest. They are still thick this morning. These 2 feeders are being refilled twice a day now.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Man that's cool. I've never seen that many and them so calm. I've got 3 feeders out all the time and the most I've seen at once is about 5-6 and they are so aggressive with each other. They dive bomb each other and seem so territorial...I never see more than 2 at a time on a single feeder.

Your groups seem so harmonious and everyone gets along!
          This is what I normally see too but one year we had the high numbers and they were much calmer. Best I can tell, when you have the high numbers they are migratory and the smaller numbers are locals. The migratory ones are passing through and the locals are establishing territory.

Comment

That is insane. Like said above, all the ones around my house are fiercely territorial. The sounds and squeaks they make are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
              This is what I normally see too but one year we had the high numbers and they were much calmer. Best I can tell, when you have the high numbers they are migratory and the smaller numbers are locals. The migratory ones are passing through and the locals are establishing territory.
              That makes total sense. I would love to see the migratory guys just once however.

Comment

I meant to say the same thing in my last post about them being more social with the higher numbers. These are in the back yard. The ones in the front yard appear to be the locals, fighting over the feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                  That is insane. Like said above, all the ones around my house are fiercely territorial. The sounds and squeaks they make are awesome.
                  I agree it's cool and very entertaining. These guys around my feeder don't get along at all! When one lands to actually feed he can't drink more that 4-5 seconds before another one shows up out of nowhere and runs him off. Those little boogers are quick too!

Comment

Very nice. Never seen more than two getting along together at one time.

Comment

Thanks guys. Had to fill the two twice today again.

Comment

Working...
                      X