String age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String age?

Been away from bow hunting for a few years but getting back to it. I have a diamond black ice and bow has been in case since last year. Shot today and it grouped well, string appears good, but my question is should I go ahead and put a new string on it due to bow sitting.

If it was me I would. But I change strings once a year. But if it's been in a cool climate they should be ok

Comment

I change every couple of years. But I also shoot two bows so they get a little less usage.

Comment

are the strings original? if so I would recommend changing them and starting fresh.

Comment

String age?

Heck just keep an eye on them and keep them waxed and clean. If they look good and not all frayed, dryed out and damaged i would keep shooting them especially if youre not the kind of guy who shoots a ton every day. They should last you a good long while. If you do decide to get new strings and cables check out Vapor Trail strings and cables. Imo the best i have ever shot. Great company too.

Comment

How often do y'all wax your string?

Comment

Wax after every practice session. I seldom change strings on a target setup. Mine may last 3 years with heavy use.
              When I do change, it will be at the end of a season giving enough time for the string to settle in.

Comment

So what should I expect to pay to have a new string installed? I just bought my first bow and I'm concerned of its condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                  So what should I expect to pay to have a new string installed? I just bought my first bow and I'm concerned of its condition.
                  Depends on string material and builder. Anywhere from $80 (good sale) to $150 installed and tuned. A good set of strings and cables is usually $75-$100. Most shops I have seen are in the $35 to $50 range to install and tune.

Comment

How old is the bowstring? I like to change my target bows each year and hunting bows every other year. Here are a couple articles we did on when to replace bowstrings.

when to replace your bowstring
                    bow string inspecition
                    how to wax a bowstring

Comment

Working...
                    X