HI8 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI8 question

Ok, I think the answer to this is no. But, I know nothing about video recording so I better ask you guys that do!
    I have a Sony HI8 camera and want to know if there is anyway to take video from it and transfer it onto my computer? There is no Firewire port on the camera, only AV outputs and an S-video output.
    Thanks

Shot in the dark for you because I have not had to do it. My computer as the inputs for s-video and all the other av inputs. I would assume that I could download that way. If your computer does not have those, I think you can get a converter box that would have the inputs you need and then a firewire output. You may want to check B&H Photo online or give precision camera a call. They are up off of North Lamar.

Comment

hi8

i use a sony hi8 and recently purchased an adapter that accepts the av cables from the camera into the converter then it has a usb cable that goes to your computer this thing is a great upgrade for the ol hi8 and i got it at best buy here in san antonio. it is made by pinnacle and it is says dazzle on the outside it is alittle bit bigger than a pck of ciggarettes and it is red

Comment

Working...
      X