Foc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foc

How can you determine how much weight you can add to your insert before you start messing with your arrow spine? I was wanting to increase my FOC a little and was wanting to add 50grn inserts. Right now my Im at 11.4% FOC and with the 50grn inserts it would bump me up to 14.4%, just dont want to weaken my spine to much. Any help would be appreciated.

try adding 25 up front and taking a few grains off the rear of the arrow and see what that does for you. on most arrows a 25 grain increase in tip weight will bump FOC 1-2%. 50 will probably soften you up too much unless you were way over-spined to begin with. you can also look at shortening up your arrows if you have wiggle room there.

what's your bow, draw weight, draw length and arrow length?

Comment

Mathews DXT, 70lbs, 28in. Draw and 28in. Arrow. The only reason I don't want to switch to 125grn tips is that I have a ton of 100grn a Slick Tricks. Also, I'm shooting Axis 340s.

Comment

Originally posted by GWHunter View Post
        Mathews DXT, 70lbs, 28in. Draw and 28in. Arrow. The only reason I don't want to switch to 125grn tips is that I have a ton of 100grn a Slick Tricks. Also, I'm shooting Axis 340s.
        What weight arrow would you like to end up with?

Comment

Over 400 grains.

Comment

Working...
          X