Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Falcon Duck Hunting??

Anyone ever duck hunted lake falcon?

We are going down there the week before Thanksgiving for a bachelor party fishing trip.

I'd like to get a morning duck hunt set up for the period of time we are there, but cant find much information online. Thought I'd check on here too.

Duck hunting is better on the Mexico side

Comment

Not sure about that time of year ,but I've been fishing there every March for 6 years and I've seen more ducks their than anywhere else ,well except for Ark. I keep saying I'm going to duck hunt it but never have. It is awesome and I wish y'all luck but stay out of Mex.

Comment

I worked in Zapata for 5 yrs. when I worked nights, some times I'd drive down to Siesta Shores at dawn when I got off and glass the lake with my binos. I would see tons of Cans and pintail. Teal were everywhere. I've always wanted to try it but never got around to it. This was in late November. I can only imagine what the second half would be like.

Comment

Good luck, I would love to duck hunt falcon sometime

Comment

hahahaha believe me its non excitant, I have tried it

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
              hahahaha believe me its non excitant, I have tried it

So you're saying don't waist a morning trying to duck hunt and stick with fishing?

Comment

We hunted a place that was on falcon lake for 5 years. We had a 3 acre tank about 1/4 mile from the lake and slaughtered ducks to the point to where it was almost no fun. Almost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted falcon killed lots of birds I can't remember the creek I hunted I will look it up and let you know becarefull. I would not go by my self

Comment

Bring a AR with you.

Comment

We just got on a lease just south of Zapata and the property butts up to the lake and was wondering the same thing if it was any good

Comment

Originally posted by D.A. HUNTER View Post
                        We just got on a lease just south of Zapata
                        Isnt that Mexico? Lol

Comment

I would not suggest doing anything that brings attention to you on that lake. Ducking hunting requires lots of noise / shooting. No way at all would I risk that.

Comment

i work on falcon lake and saw plenty of duck hunters this season . Most of them were outfitters with big boats. Even had a few locals that live on lake call about suspicious boats and loud guns on the lake near their homes. They turned out to be duck hunters.

Comment

news to me I have never seen duck hunters on the lake, of course there are some odd ball hunters shooting duck or geese from moving boats

Comment

Working...
                              X