Grand Jury Empanneled In Russia Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Jury Empanneled In Russia Investigation

Well according to the WSJ, its about to thicken. Meuller just empaneled a Grand jury.

Yep, which means the investigation is complete. And now we get to see what the grand jury thinks and if there is a case or not. Also, it should tell us who is possibly indicted

Comment

Meanwhile, people with ability to do something about it have proof that Hillary, as SOS, took money from foreign governments in return for favors. Crickets.............

Comment

From the WSJ article:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to people familiar with the matter.

The grand jury, which began its work in recent weeks, is a sign that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry is ramping up and that it will likely continue for months. Mr. Mueller is investigating Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 election and whether President Donald Trump’s campaign or associates colluded with the Kremlin as part of that effort.

A spokesman for Mr. Mueller, Joshua Stueve, declined to comment. Moscow has denied seeking to influence the election, and Mr. Trump has vigorously disputed allegations of collusion. The president has called Mr. Mueller’s inquiry a “witch hunt.” Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to people familiar with the matter.

The grand jury, which began its work in recent weeks, is a sign that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry is ramping up and that it will likely continue for months. Mr. Mueller is investigating Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 election and whether President Donald Trump’s campaign or associates colluded with the Kremlin as part of that effort.

A spokesman for Mr. Mueller, Joshua Stueve, declined to comment. Moscow has denied seeking to influence the election, and Mr. Trump has vigorously disputed allegations of collusion. The president has called Mr. Mueller’s inquiry a “witch hunt.”Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to people familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for Mr. Mueller, Joshua Stueve, declined to comment. Moscow has denied seeking to influence the election, and Mr. Trump has vigorously disputed allegations of collusion. The president has called Mr. Mueller’s inquiry a “witch hunt.”

Grand juries are powerful investigative tools that allow prosecutors to subpoena documents, put witnesses under oath and seek indictments, if there is evidence of a crime. Legal experts said that the decision by Mr. Mueller to impanel a grand jury suggests he believes he will need to subpoena records and take testimony from witnesses.

Comment

Nothing Burger is finally gonna be served huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

I dont think so. they will make hamburger out of someone regardless of whether there is any meat now. No way this is going away without an indictment. they may have to charge someone with felony speeding but someone is gonna get charged and have to spend a bunch of time and money fighting it..

Comment

Following the money, subpoenas issued, my guess it's has some thing to do with Russian dealings

Comment

I distinctly recall Vladimir or was it Ivan... telling me who I was going to vote for.

wait... no I don't

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                  I distinctly recall Vladimir or was it Ivan... telling me who I was going to vote for.

wait... no I don't
                  If they did tell you who, It would probably be the person who sold them Uranium.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    Gonna be interesting either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      I dont think so. they will make hamburger out of someone regardless of whether there is any meat now. No way this is going away without an indictment. they may have to charge someone with felony speeding but someone is gonna get charged and have to spend a bunch of time and money fighting it..
                      I believe you are correct. These kinds of large scale, highly politicized grand jury investigations can always find a way to indict somebody for something. If nothing else, after thousands of interviews of hundreds of people they will at least be able to charge somebody with perjury. All it takes is one slip-up, one mis-remembering the details of a story or contradicting previous testimony. They will find a way to indict somebody.

Comment

They will dig and dig until they have a case against someone .
                        You put a dozen democrat lawyers in one room they will create something of a case.

I believe it was Scooter Libby who might have some insight on this type thing

Comment

How about they all do like the Libs:
                          say you're innocent
                          you knew nothing
                          plead the 5th
                          It all goes away w/no one charged w/anything!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            I believe you are correct. These kinds of large scale, highly politicized grand jury investigations can always find a way to indict somebody for something. If nothing else, after thousands of interviews of hundreds of people they will at least be able to charge somebody with perjury. All it takes is one slip-up, one mis-remembering the details of a story or contradicting previous testimony. They will find a way to indict somebody.
                            Yup.
                            Such things as conspiracy, perjury, obstruction of justice, tax evasion, money laundering, etc., etc., etc.
                            And the grand jury gives power to subpoena phone records, emails, income tax forms, etc., etc., etc.
                            And to subpoena anyone that could have possible involvement to testify under oath.

Visualize the cheetah on the Discovery Channel, eyes locked in on its prey and the stalk beginning. That's Mueller now...

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                              Following the money, subpoenas issued, my guess it's has some thing to do with Russian dealings
                              Following the money? Subpoenas issued? Russian dealings?

Hillary is finally going to get indicted? SWEET!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X