Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOP is keeping Obama care.....Job Security

For me or for them?

How could the GOP stand to see 22M freeloaders keep their insurance if we keep Obamacare but they all lose health care coverage if we eliminate Obamacare.

Could it be that everyone in DC is a bleeding heart liberal snowflake that has too much compassion for those 22M folks that won't have health insurance?

May be...

I see it like this:
    Trump makes little changes and the Dems fight him on it.
    Trump makes big changes and everybody fights him on it.
    Some 'conservatives' say it's not a big enough change but how can he make bigger changes when he gets so much resistance from little changes???

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
      I see it like this:
      Some 'conservatives' say it's not a big enough change but how can he make bigger changes when he gets so much resistance from little changes???
      Couldn't of said it any better

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        I see it like this:
        I think it's
        Make little changes Dems fight him & GOP is ok
        Make big changes and EVERYBODY is but hurt

At least parts of the travel ban squeaked through.

What ever happened to his H1B limit/ban???

Comment

term limits....

AND free market. Let us sell health insurance across state lines like P&C. Let me if I am young and spry buy a massive deductible (but not too massive to bankrupt me) insurance.

AND

"Let freedom ring from the snow capped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only there; let freedom ring from the Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain in Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill in Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring!"

Comment

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
            term limits....

AND free market. Let us sell health insurance across state lines like P&C. Let me if I am young and spry buy a massive deductible (but not too massive to bankrupt me) insurance.

AND

"Let freedom ring from the snow capped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only there; let freedom ring from the Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain in Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill in Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring!"
            So now you want the Fed to take over and get rid of a state's rights?
            You do know that's what you're proposing, correct?

What we have now is a state's right to determine the regulations of the insurance products sold in their jurisdiction.
            You propose to undo that.
            What good will ten limits do when the outgoing politician will just tell the voters he endorses some other person that will keep their status quo.

The voters are voting these guys in each election.
            This isn't automatic re-order.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              For me or for them?

How could the GOP stand to see 22M freeloaders keep their insurance if we keep Obamacare but they all lose health care coverage if we eliminate Obamacare.

Could it be that everyone in DC is a bleeding heart liberal snowflake that has too much compassion for those 22M folks that won't have health insurance?

May be...
              The 22m is not a real number that represents " poor folks who csnt afford insurance " most of that number consist of young healthy people who did not want to buy insurance and would not have bought it had the dems not forced them to. It has always been that way. Poor people dont havr insurance now with obama care and if they do its medicare. The idea that ocare covered everyone is a falsehood

Comment

But...millio...hundred of thousand of people will die.

My questions is, how does Polosi, Schumer and all of the other bobble heads know hundreds of thousand of people will die? Are they suggesting nobody died under O'care?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  But...millio...hundred of thousand of people will die.

My questions is, how does Polosi, Schumer and all of the other bobble heads know hundreds of thousand of people will die? Are they suggesting nobody died under O'care?
                  You have not heard the latest stats, under o care the American people have lost on average 20 lbs, lowest cholesterol levels in the world, and no one has died of heart disease since the day the dems passed it. Of course the day the republicans pass what ever junk they are working on 10k will die and everyday after that add an additional 10k until another dem gets elected

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    You have not heard the latest stats, under o care the American people have lost on average 20 lbs, lowest cholesterol levels in the world, and no one has died of heart disease since the day the dems passed it. Of course the day the republicans pass what ever junk they are working on 10k will die and everyday after that add an additional 10k until another dem gets elected
                    Dang...impressive stats. I'm starting to wonder if I voted wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Dang...impressive stats. I'm starting to wonder if I voted wrong

Comment

Really doesn't appear to matter how we vote anymore. We were promised a full appeal. A split banana on each side of a t*rd with whip cream on top doesn't make it any less a tu*d. Sure ain't the banana split we were promised.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                          Really doesn't appear to matter how we vote anymore. We were promised a full appeal. A split banana on each side of a t*rd with whip cream on top doesn't make it any less a tu*d. Sure ain't the banana split we were promised.
                          Truth

Most reasonable people want O'care to be repealed and replaced. With the premise of lower premiums and deductibles. One would think, to lower insurance premiums and deductibles the Medical and Pharmaceutical field would also need to lower their cost too. Why isn't their any discussions to lower these cost?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            The 22m is not a real number that represents " poor folks who csnt afford insurance " most of that number consist of young healthy people who did not want to buy insurance and would not have bought it had the dems not forced them to. It has always been that way. Poor people dont havr insurance now with obama care and if they do its medicare. The idea that ocare covered everyone is a falsehood
                            I'll trust the CBO stats over some hearsay on the internet.

Can you believe those GOP members or their staff didn't think this thru and analyze it like you just did?

Give me the source of your stats.
                            Like 7th grade you must cite your references.
                            Or else you're just making up lies.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              So now you want the Fed to take over and get rid of a state's rights?
                              You do know that's what you're proposing, correct?

What we have now is a state's right to determine the regulations of the insurance products sold in their jurisdiction.
                              You propose to undo that.
                              What good will ten limits do when the outgoing politician will just tell the voters he endorses some other person that will keep their status quo.

The voters are voting these guys in each election.
                              This isn't automatic re-order.
                              yes, it will be better for the consumer and not whoever is lobbying at the state. It has been my experience on a regulatory level, that states, how ever sweet they are and my preferred 'vendor' of rights, yes, even the states are susceptible to lobby's that keep monopolies in place that are ultimately bad for the consumer level. Many a state insurance commission are operating in a corrupt fashion. And until welfare is removed from the insurance process, im not sure anything will work.

yes, term limits. I might go for ones longer limits than most but when you have a lifetime members who's only chance at personal enrichment comes via lobbying and picking business winners and losers vs the free market, they need to retire from a service and go into business. It's worked for the office of the President, why not the House and Senate?

We need "creative destruction" to happen at a free market speed for us to grow and perhaps even survive. By that i mean, you dont use a record player anymore, or a cd player? The market created new ways to deliver music and now so should on insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X