JD Murphree Alligator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Our tags are for the first hunt. I had a jon boat located to have him flake out. Got another lined up yesterday. No way I'd try in a kayak

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Guys be sure the tags on the boat and trailer are current. They normally have a game warden there checking this out.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
      Guys be sure the tags on the boat and trailer are current. They normally have a game warden there checking this out.
      Ss Gator getter came home yesterday. All my paperwork is in order. Tpwd office next week

Comment

10-4 Just did not want anyone to get a ticket. Anybody needing hook and line setup PM me

Comment

I shot at two liter coke bottles sitting in the grass. I would stand on the deck of my boat that was on the trailer. I have never shot a fishing arrow into a foam target. I imagine it would a pain to remove.
          Thanks for the recommendation

Comment

Let me know how you’ll do. I will help in any way. Good luck

Comment

Let me know how you’ll do. I will help in any way. Good luck
              So we looked at the fine print and they say an extra 100 foot of line other than leader??

Comment

On my book line I use 10 feet of #96 trotline leader then tie that to about 25 feet on 1/4” rope. The more line you have the more tangled up the gator will get. Think about this if you had a hook in your stomach you would not pull real hard. Same works for a gator.

Comment

draw hunt

First line should read hook line not book

Comment

On my book line I use 10 feet of #96 trotline leader then tie that to about 25 feet on 1/4” rope. The more line you have the more tangled up the gator will get. Think about this if you had a hook in your stomach you would not pull real hard. Same works for a gator.
                    Yea. Makes perfect sense to me. I have 3 rigs 35 foot long ready to rumble. I didnt want 135 of mess

Comment

That plenty. Take my trick on putting your bait in a knee high stocking hose. It makes it hard to get the bait off your hook.If you'll need anything PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                        A yak is doable but not ideal. We took one out of a little 12' narrow Jon boat once. It is a lot easier with two people. And a bigger boat would be better. They don't act like on swamp people and thrash around unless you jerk them around. If they have a place to walk and set a line from the bank that is really easy as we have done that too.
                        Agreed 100%

If you have enough line on your arrow you should be able to go to shore and drag him to you for the dispatching shot. I'm excited to get another with my bow. I'm gonna be disappointed if I have to set a line at the first day deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by TxouT View Post
                          Agreed 100%

If you have enough line on your arrow you should be able to go to shore and drag him to you for the dispatching shot. I'm excited to get another with my bow. I'm gonna be disappointed if I have to set a line at the first day deadline.
                          Any secrets to getting close enough to a gator to take it with a bow that you are willing to share? I have my bow setup and ready to go on Wednesday.

Comment

First try a regular popping cork. You will know real fast if he is interested. If he is not interested in chasing the cork try to find a spot where you can get out of the boat on the side of the canal and have the boat pull down the canal. Just remember they don’t allow anything with hooks.

Comment

First try a regular popping cork. You will know real fast if he is interested. If he is not interested in chasing the cork try to find a spot where you can get out of the boat on the side of the canal and have the boat pull down the canal. Just remember they don’t allow anything with hooks.
                              Thanks for the advice. We were thinking about taking some fishing equipment to fish while we were waiting but sounds like we won’t be able to do that. I will definitely try the popping cork trick. Three of us are headed out Wednesday morning. We are definitely excited.

Comment

If you’ll need anything while here call me I will be off work until Friday night. I will pm you my number. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X