No announcement yet.

Life Time Super Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my son-in-law one for his 26th birthday. I figured he'd get my money's worth out of it. I wish I'd have bought one years ago, but at 46, I'm not sure that it makes sense now.

Comment

For over 30 years I've kicked myself in the butt for not getting mine when they were $500.
      If I were your age I'd get it. Although now a days they have deals like the one at Academy where you buy a rifle or shotgun and get a super combo for free. So I'm using that as a excuse to buy a new gun every year.

Comment

I got mine in 2005 for Texas. Also have Oklahoma lifetime small game and waterfowl stamp and Arkansas lifetime license! Arkansas license paid for itself in 3 years when I moved to Texas!! Texas is probably close! Still have to remember to buy a type 2 even with a lifetime license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
          This doesn't make sense. You still have to get a license every year, it's just free/prepaid.
          My license is a hard card type that stays in my wallet like a DL. The only thing I have to get every year are my tags if I want to shoot whitetail or turkey, or migratory bird stamps.

Comment

I bought mine when I was around 15-16 years old, almost 40 years ago. They were $300 but going up to $500, so I got mine before the price increase. Since a Super Combo cost $68 a year today, I was ahead after 4.5 years. So far, my Lifetime license purchase has save me well over $2500. I think I've got my moneys worth!

Then when they were going from $1000 to $1800 about 10 years ago, I got both my boys their lifetime super combo licenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
              My license is a hard card type that stays in my wallet like a DL. The only thing I have to get every year are my tags if I want to shoot whitetail or turkey, or migratory bird stamps.
              Ah ha. Lightbulb. I have that card and now I see what you mean. Only need to get a license/tags each year for the specific tag requirements per certain game animal. Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                Ah ha. Lightbulb. I have that card and now I see what you mean. Only need to get a license/tags each year for the specific tag requirements per certain game animal. Good to know. Thanks.
                It's nice because I can hunt hogs and exotics year round without worry if I have a license.

Comment

I’m 53 now. I bought mine in 2003 for $1000. Then we bought my wife’s just before the increase. It is worth it to me.

Comment

I to bought mine just before the increase to $1,800. I would think it would be worth it for you.

Comment

I wish I would have bought. Nevada lifetime when I was going to school there. I just turned 34 and keep going back and forth if it’s worth $1,800 for me

My daughter is 14mo so I need to call tpwd and see if I can buy her one

Comment

If you have an extra 1,800 not getting a return then it's probably worth it. If you leave Texas it's still good here.

If you're good with money and can get at least 3-4% on your money then it's technically not worth it. But some like it for peace of mind.

Comment

I think it's worth it.
                          Especially if you move out of state, but still plan to hunt here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                            Is there an age requirement to getting this? Wanting to do it as soon as possible for my 1 yr old.
                            I think all they need is a Name/DOB/SS#
                            No age requirement.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                              Is there an age requirement to getting this? Wanting to do it as soon as possible for my 1 yr old.
                              I don't believe that there are any age restrictions or requirements. I bought them for my girls before they were even a year old as that was the year of the last increase. Bought my wife hers too. I got mine back in 1997.

T

Comment

I have lifetime Texas and Louisiana, wish Texas had a discounted rate for kids like Louisiana does. If/when they say there will be another increase I will get both my daughters one also.

Comment

Working...
                                X