No announcement yet.

East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wish this rain would break up. I'm heading back for an evening hunt in a bit hell or high water.

Comment

Stand change worked for me, still got wet as all get put but I did put the smack on this girl.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I hunt in Warren tyler county) first year in the lease..right now I have a gravity fed feeder set up feeding corn..hunt in a little oak flat an have national Forrest that butts up on both sides of me..killed a doe and a pig about 3 weeks ago. Usually tend to let the does live til the rut but I was having 5 and 6 does come in everyday so I tried to cut my corn cost down a little..I have trail cam pics of about 7 or 8 different bucks.only 2 possibly 3 being shooters..they come pretty regularly but as of now I have zero daytime photos of the

shooters..hopefully that'll change with some cool weather an rut picking up..I plan to feed year around..corn up until I see the first sign of deer starting to shed antlers and then I feed protein up until about late August early September an then work the corn back in. It has worked for me in other areas that I've hunted so we'll see how well it does in east Texas..don't really have a whole lot of room for a plot...I have 1 little section that's about 15 yds wide x 40 yds long that I might could get something going if anyone has any suggestions?! I'm always up to learn something new!

Comment

Back in the pop up after a very wet morning hunt. Seems to be letting up and I have a bunch of hand corn, tinks doe in heat, and a man made scrape setup all out in the kill zone. 2 or 3 decent shooters here in the last week on the trail cam. I have a good feeling about this hunt.

Comment

Moved to watch pipeline for thus evening, bumped a nice 10 on the trail across. No chance at him through the trees.

Looking left...
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking right
                  Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]754825[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sun out in Cass county for the first time this weekend

Comment

No sun in Polk County, but at least the rain isn't beating like a drum on the roof of the ground blind.

Comment

I had to leave the hunt to go back home for my daughter's 8th birthday. Now that the party is over, I'm headed back to camp for a (hopefully) successful morning hunt.

Comment

Didn't see nothing but coyotes from a stand today.

Comment

Nodda this evening , back on them in the morning. Here is a look at activity for tomorrow.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                                Didn't see nothing but coyotes from a stand today.
                                Man that bites, maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X