Browning X-Bolt Max long range hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has one and how do you like it? I'm looking at getting one in either 300 mag or 300 PRC. I'd like to get a long range rifle that I can take 300-400 yard shots with. Also looking for rings/base recommendations for it. Thanks

If all you’re planning on shooting is 300-400 yards I’d do a 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5PRC or 7 Mag if that’s the gun your set on. The big 300’s are overkill unless you’re hunting at 1000+ yards. I have a 300 Ultramag and haven’t taken it out of the safe in 3 years because my little 6.5 Creedmoor will kill everything short of an elk under 500 yards.

Comment

If all you’re planning on shooting is 300-400 yards I’d do a 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5PRC or 7 Mag if that’s the gun your set on.
      I'm buying it for a specific hunt where the ranch requirement is 300

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post

Stick with the Win Mag if you don’t reload due to factory ammo availability. The 300 Win is arguably the most versatile chambering. Some say it’s too much gun for Whitetails and such but dead is dead. Folks say the 30-06 is the best deer cartridge, well sling that exact same 165 out of a 300 Win and what’s the difference? Just a little more velocity and energy down range. As far as the Browning, they are good guns but the duratouch coating is crap. It gets sticky and there is really nothing you can do except get a new stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I were shopping in the 1k-$1,200 range I would be looking at the Christensen Arms Mesa

Comment

That is a good rifle you will like it.

Comment

Who has one and how do you like it? I'm looking at getting one in either 300 mag or 300 PRC. I'd like to get a long range rifle that I can take 300-400 yard shots with. Also looking for rings/base recommendations for it. Thanks
              My wife shoots the 300win mag. She loves it. Will absolutely poke your eye out at 300-400 yards
              The rings on the xbolt mount differently so make sure before you order.

Comment

The X-bolt Medallion 300 win mag. Love mine.. Nice looking ,too..

Comment

Working...
                X