X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve tried to make money splitting wood, drying it and selling/delivering it. It’s not worth it at all. I’ve tried paying people to do it but walk away with pennies. It’s a volume deal but even when we cut down trees for customers we just haul the wood off. It’s cheaper and you don’t have to deal with it. IMO the people seeking even a face cord for $100 is cheap. If I was to do it I’d load up a dump trailer and sell stacks just like everyone else. Things just haven’t dried up that much around here yet[emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Payed $40 a rick delivered and stacked a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
          A “new” member posts a thread on firewood pricing which he (or she) obviously “claims to” know nothing about, during the middle of an energy, and most importantly, a heating crisis, but is griping about the price and quantity provided...

I’ll call bull****. This is texansfan, or Vermin, or several other grossly liberal and non-contributing member of TBH that is making yet another false profile to keep posting their liberal bull**** on this site. They want more usernames so they can keep posting their liberal talking points here

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          He’s a spike from 2015 and is all the sudden active on the green screen. Things that make you say Hmmm.

It does make one go hmmm.

Check out his post #6 below. If he has been a member here for only 6 days (from 2/15/2021), how does he know what Chew and Swampranger do for a living???

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=801419

He also posts from two different phones, moto e6 (XT2005DL) and SM-T387V...not that there's anything wrong with that.
          Last edited by Burnadell; 02-21-2021, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I have a ton of respect for guys that cut, split and sell that much wood. I helped my boys do it one summer when they were in HS. I have always cut and split what I needed for myself but even that’s a lot of work. People that complain about the cost of a cord usually don’t have an idea how much work goes into it. I burned almost every piece of wood i had on my place the last ten days. Never dreamed we would be without power that much. Guess i need to get to cutting again or find someone in the area that needs to sell some. Hopefully we are done with this for this winter.

Comment

My son and i did that after Hurricane Rita. My neighbor had a bunch of huge red oaks blow over on my property. Back then it was delivered and stacked for $110 a cord.
              Originally posted by Clark View Post
              My boys and I deliver firewood as a side gig.
              I want them to learn the value of hard work.
              And cutting, splitting and stacking firewood is hard work.

They've got their entire lives to learn how to work smarter.
              But at 16, I want him to work harder.

Tree trimmers in Austin were shut down this last week due to the roads being icy.
              Wood yards were closed and a muddy mess.
              Wood has been scarce, not surprised its difficult to find a cord this last week.

We split this today and will deliver it tomorrow.
              [ATTACH]1041110[/ATTACH]

Comment

I just wish you could buy a TRUE Cord of Wood

Most advertise 4x16

but they forget its 2 feet wide and get pissy when you question why its cut 15-18"

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                  I just wish you could buy a TRUE Cord of Wood

Most advertise 4x16

but they forget its 2 feet wide and get pissy when you question why its cut 15-18"

I agree, I want 128 cubic feet. It’s kinda like hay though, used to someone buy 100 bales you’d throw an extra five on the trailer in case some blew off going down the road.

If your cutting it 15-18” then throw a little extra on the trailer to make up for the volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                    I sold a half cord yesterday for $100
                    Paid the same last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                      My boys and I deliver firewood as a side gig.
                      I want them to learn the value of hard work.
                      And cutting, splitting and stacking firewood is hard work.

They've got their entire lives to learn how to work smarter.
                      But at 16, I want him to work harder.

Tree trimmers in Austin were shut down this last week due to the roads being icy.
                      Wood yards were closed and a muddy mess.
                      Wood has been scarce, not surprised its difficult to find a cord this last week.

We split this today and will deliver it tomorrow.
                      [ATTACH]1041110[/ATTACH]
                      Lots of wisdom in that statement. Them boys will thank you for it one day.

Comment

I have a firewood business on the side and have stayed sold out since
                        COVID hit. I only sell to retail stores by the bundle otherwise I wouldn't be doing too much work and too hard on the equipment for the small margin on the bulk.

Usually a 6.5 ft pickup bed around here split goes for about 150$ which is about 1/2 cord.

Comment

Working...
                        X