Feeling like a rich guy, almost feel guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling like a rich guy, almost feel guilty

A man of modest means, over the years in order to make my money go as far as I can I built my own house and shop, and most recently a shop add on this past spring. I thought the add on would hold me over for a while, but the business is growing and it was time to add on again.

This time I just dont have the time to build it myself. I wouldnt mind doing it again, but I have been running 7 days a week since Spring. So, for the first time ever in my 43 yrs, I have a crew of guys building me a structure. It isnt large, but 1200sq ft is desperately needed. I just wish I could make it larger. But it will do.

So this is how the normal people live/feel. I could get used to this! ( at least until I have to write the check, then i will be crying again.... )

I think that lazy un-skilled guys feel that way too....... just saying!

Comment

I'm glad my father in law is in that same situation now because I was always his labor.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
        I think that us lazy un-skilled guys feel that way too....... just saying!
        FIFY Don!

Comment

Your hard work is paying off! For someone else! Just kidding. You are blessed to be in the position you are in!

Comment

I just call the guy.

Comment

I ain't lazy but I am un skilled!!! [emoji6] Congratulations on the growth sir!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                I just call the guy.
                My dad says the same thing. Unfortunately I’m the guy

Comment

Congratulations to you Mike! Just remember to give thanks to God for His blessings and like old Ross Perot used to say, "gott'a make hay while the sun shines"... cause sooner or later it's gonna rain or get dark! Don't forget what got you there and be more like a pizzant than a grasshopper!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Congratulations to you Mike! Just remember to give thanks to God for His blessings and like old Ross Perot used to say, "gott'a make hay while the sun shines"... cause sooner or later it's gonna rain or get dark! Don't forget what got you there and be more like a pizzant than a grasshopper!
                    This!

Comment

Haha. I dont mean to imply Im skilled at it! Just always been desperate. You do what you gotta do.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        A man of modest means, over the years in order to make my money go as far as I can I built my own house and shop, and most recently a shop add on this past spring. I thought the add on would hold me over for a while, but the business is growing and it was time to add on again.

This time I just dont have the time to build it myself. I wouldnt mind doing it again, but I have been running 7 days a week since Spring. So, for the first time ever in my 43 yrs, I have a crew of guys building me a structure. It isnt large, but 1200sq ft is desperately needed. I just wish I could make it larger. But it will do.

So this is how the normal people live/feel. I could get used to this! ( at least until I have to write the check, then i will be crying again.... )

Awesome, who did you end up going with??

Comment

I was in the same boat. Been wanting a shop for a long time. Usually do things myself but switched jobs and work so much I don’t have time anymore. Had them come out and build it and come replace a/c units. But it sure is nice to go to work and when you get home late and they are done and gone in a day. If I’d done it, I’d be working on it for a few weekends. Just hate to write that check for so much when it only took a day lol!!! But worth it in the long run. Gives me a little time to do other things.

Comment

Glad to hear your business is growing. That's a good thang!

Comment

Working...
                            X