Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone shoot a "budget over under shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot a "budget over under shotgun?

I would like to get an O/U for sporting clays and dove. My dad has a Beretta silver pigeon i shoot occasionally. I would like to get something but I can't afford one of these $1,500+ guns. Looking around there are some 4-600 Stoeger, TriStar, Stevens, mossberg silver reserve, those are all in that range. I'm not looking for a grade A O/U, anyone have any hands on with any of these brands? Or another brand that you recommend in that range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot a Stoeger Uplander 12g sxs and really like it. Couldn't say about a over under but Stoeger makes a goon gun that points well and shoots even better.

Comment

I shoot a Stoeger Condor O/U and have no complaints. Picked it up cheap at a pawn shop a few years back and it hits what I point at, have had no issues at all with it.

Comment

I would also take a hard look at the Yildiz, they are great guns from what I hear and are in your price range. There are a few in the classifieds here as well, put a link to a couple of em below for ya

Comment

Debating the same myself, will be watching replies

Throw Yildiz comments in as well

Comment

I have a yildiz that shoots pretty good.

Comment

I have a yildiz. love it. that being said, I don't have a lot of experience with over unders... I got it on sale and have shot it for dove the past 5 years. always goes boom.

Comment

are you planning on shooting ALOT of clays?
                if so, be careful on the "budget" guns...a lot of times they won't hold up to thousands and thousands of rounds through them.
                If occasional clay shooting, then you should be ok...I shoot a lot of clays, and I can tell you a good competition gun makes a difference
                Biggest thing...whatever you decide to buy...make sure it fits you, if it doesn't, brand or price range is irrelevant.
                That's my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by dwactx View Post
                  are you planning on shooting ALOT of clays?

if so, be careful on the "budget" guns...a lot of times they won't hold up to thousands and thousands of rounds through them.

If occasional clay shooting, then you should be ok...I shoot a lot of clays, and I can tell you a good competition gun makes a difference

Biggest thing...whatever you decide to buy...make sure it fits you, if it doesn't, brand or price range is irrelevant.

That's my $.02

I only shoot clays about three times a year, typically in the few weeks leading up to dove season. It would be getting most of it's use as a dove gun.

Comment

I just got a $600 Stevens for Fathers day and I like it.

Comment

A couple of years ago, I bought a Yildiz 12 ga. O/U from Academy to use for dove hunting. Towards the end of the season, I noticed the safety/barrel selector wasn't working correctly. I brought it back to the Academy store I purchased it from, and they sent it to Briley in Houston for warranty work. I got it back a few months later, and it seems to be fixed. I just used it last Friday to shoot some clays and it functioned flawlessly. The safety is a bit stiff, but I think that's to be expected. Mine doesn't seem to like steel shot, but otherwise, no complaints. My only recommendation is to put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it or you will suffer. The Turks build a good shotgun, but they don't know beans about recoil pads!

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

I've been shooting a Stoger Super Condor for about 7 years and love it! The break is a bit stiff till it gets broke in good but well worth the $350 I paid for it and its smooth now.

Comment

I shoot a CZ 28 gauge over under. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by emanon6 View Post
                            I shoot a CZ 28 gauge over under. I love it.

Which CZ?

Comment

Get a lanber you won't regret it

Comment

Working...
                              X