Father wanting to stop child support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father wanting to stop child support

My boy's father is wanting to stop paying child support for his two sons, now 2 and 5. My wife did not take all she could in the divorce, only around half of what she could have gotten, and didn't touch his retirement at his request. He just asked if she would go to court so he wouldn't have to pay child support. Not sure if he still plans to see them but legally we can't do that. We already bend over backwards to make sure he sees them weekly. My character wants to let him still see them but I know it would be best if he didn't. We are going to our therapist, who said a year ago he would slowly exit their lives, tomorrow to talk more about it but I'm frustrated since I've push hard for them to see their father. Sorry for the rant but if anyone has any suggestions I will take them into consideration. We are not responding until we are clear minded and not upset...

Just fyi, him not paying child support doesn't warrant keeping them away. He doesn't pay to see his kids. I'm not in that situation, so I can't really give you and other advice, except keep doing what you're doing. Kids know what's going on, and if YOU have to make the effort for them to see their "dad", they will see it eventually. Hope things get better.

Comment

My understanding of child support the money is to be used to raise your children (all their needs). Why would a father not want to help financially in the raising of his children? Doesn't seem like much of a father to me. That being said it would be wrong to keep him from his children.

Comment

Wish my ex saw the keeping of kids from the father like y'all. Mine will be a yr old next month and I've seen him for 4 weeks. She high tailed it to Montana a month before he was born and never came back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

He is not having it automatically taken from check? My daughters donor, was paying it, because he was unemployed for awhile. We went to Attorney General (free) and they went after him, it now comes from his check and he is mad. It also doubled.

Comment

She has no say over child support. The attorney general says he has to pay.

Comment

No help here with advice on the current situation but I offer up prayers that The Lord will help your family make the right decision for your kiddos!!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRealtree View Post
                Wish my ex saw the keeping of kids from the father like y'all. Mine will be a yr old next month and I've seen him for 4 weeks. She high tailed it to Montana a month before he was born and never came back

I'm confused? She left before he was born ? How'd ya get em?

Comment

If he has visitation you cannot stop him or you are in contempt unless there is a judges order in place. He also cannot stop paying child support, he being held accountable for support, unless your wife agrees to it and a judge signs off. My step kids dad never sees them but doesn't alleviate his support liabilities......

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                    I'm confused? She left before he was born ? How'd ya get em?
                    Yea, a month before. She's still in Montana, and I don't have him. Can't afford to visit w/o going in debt, and the papers won't let him come down here until he's 10

Comment

It is a situation that must be difficult for you and your wife, one to which i have no experience. I think the difficulty of having kids, then remarrying, or marrying someone with kids already, is the divided family dynamic and where to set boundaries. It seems that you have taken to the boys as your own, which is great, and what any good father would do so it is understandable that you would want to protect them, and honor their bio-dad at the same time. May God grant you wisdom to navigate this season, protecting the hearts of your wife and kids.

Comment

I know from our recent experience that he cannot run from it, the state has intercepted and paid to us his tax refund. Arrears accumulate at 6% interest. State Attorney Generals office doesn't play around with that. All you can do to hold up your end of bargain is to make kids available but that doesn't mean he has to take them on visitation days. As stated before, the State makes free advocacy for the custodial parent to receive support.

He lives in California but still has to pay. Lot's of professional licenses can get held up if in arrears on support, in addition to drivers and hunting/fishing.....
                        Last edited by friscopaint; 07-25-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Prayers up for your Family. Hopefully this thread stays civil because you get a wide variety of opinions before daylight tomorrow!

Comment

lol i'd laugh at him and tell him to call the attorney general

one department i like is them, they'll rip a deadbeat dad in a second.

Comment

In order from him to be able to stop paying child support. You would have to adapt them. He will also have to give up all rights to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X