Hey you photo pros of TBH.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey you photo pros of TBH.....

What would be a good photo uploading site. I tried Flickr the other day and was NOT impressed.

Also I have a new d5100 that came with a basic editing software. What would be a good software that isn't over $100 and fairly easy to use since I'm a newb!

Thanks on advance.

Lightroom is a good inexpensive software. Occasionally you can find it for $99. Most of the time it is a bit more. Can't help you on the upload site.

Comment

Flickr is a great uploading site. What did you not like about it.

You can also try photobucket. I use both but prefer Flickr. Although I pay to use Flickr and it seems to work better that way. Unlimited uploads.

Comment

Lightroom!

Comment

Lightroom is THE software.

I prefer SmugMug to Flickr or anything else personally. I do the $40 annual subscription that gives me unlimited uploads. It's worth every penny for me.

Comment

I never liked flickr either. I have always used photobucket for uploading. There newest improvements have made it much easier and faster to do so as well. Especially for posting large clear photos on here.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              Flickr is a great uploading site. What did you not like about it.

You can also try photobucket. I use both but prefer Flickr. Although I pay to use Flickr and it seems to work better that way. Unlimited uploads.
              I tried uploading five or six photos and I guess it froze. It showed the upload processing bar for a long time, had something to do so i walked away while it was uploading. When I came back 24 hours later still no uploads.

This was on the first try so needless to say I was not impressed.

Comment

I use Flickr to share photos and Zenfolio to sell.

Comment

Flicker can be slow depending on your exported image size.

Comment

For what I do, ie post on here, I use photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonwood View Post
                      Flicker can be slow depending on your exported image size.
                      I upload at 75% image size to Flickr. The 232 Bownanza photos I shared this year took about an hour and a half to finish. If you're just uploading the photos for viewing, that's more than enough.

100% quality to Zenfolio. It takes considerably longer to upload the full size file. But because these will be printed if purchased, it's necessary.

Comment

My 7D jpegs are LARGE files. But I upload the fullsize pics to SmugMug. If I have 200-300 pics to upload at a time, it takes a long time (3-4 hours).

Comment

Working...
                        X